How To: Shop for Swimsuits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

I don’t know about anyone else, but swimsuit shopping is one of my least favorite experiences. By the end of my shopping trip I feel discouraged, out of shape, disappointed and downright frustrated! Nothing ever seems to fit right or it is way over my college girl budget. Ladies, don’t be like me: give yourself plenty of time before you need to have that perfect new suit to shop around and get the best deal and still be comfortable.

After visiting a waterpark last weekend in my two-seasons ago target swimsuit, I have decided the shopping must start IMMEDIATELY. A lot of the girls I saw were wearing neon colors, which really accentuates a nice tan. Another style suggestion that can increase your options is having solid color pieces. A bright colored top goes great with black bottoms, or vice versa! Mix-and-match is great when you don’t have a lot of money to spend but don’t want to be wearing the same bathing suit every day. Another trick I use for swimsuits is keeping older pieces; my favorite swimsuit back in high school was three years old, but I continued to get compliments on it and girls were always asking where I bought it. I kept my secret hidden until I got rid of my swimsuit the next summer, but now I am sharing it with you. What people don’t know about your swimsuit won’t hurt them so keep those old suits for that day you need something you already know is going to fit and make you feel great!

photo credit: http://alloveralbany.com/archive/2010/06/02/swimsuit-shopping-yes-its-time

Emily is a senior at USFSP studying English Literature. She has been with Her Campus for one year and one month, and loves all the friends she has made by joining. Her hobbies include reading, spending time with friends, baking, and catching up on her favorite television shows. Her favorite thing about Her Campus is the ability to write about things that are relevant to girls her own age, as well as covering fun campus events. She looks forward to her last semesters of under graduate study and Her Campus USFSP.