Gossip Girl—The End of an Era for Television Viewers (WARNING: SPOILER)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Scandal. Fashion. Wealth.

All of these make up one of the most popular shows on television, GossipGirl, based on the bestselling book series by Cecily von Ziegesar. For six seasons, viewers have seen the ins and outs of living like a socialite on the Upper East Side. The rocky friendship of Blair Waldorf andSerena van der Woodsen, the lives of pretty boys Nate Archibald and Chuck Bass, and of course the one and only “Lonely Boy”, Dan Humphrey. Viewers watched these and many other characters evolve and experience the woes of high school, the thrills of college, and the craziness of life on their own. Relationships were formed and were broken and even a wedding between Blair and Chuck was thrown in the mix. The shocking finale of the long-running show, however, revealed that it was indeed outsider Dan Humphrey who played Gossip Girl. He was the one who posted the quite scandalous gossip about the lives of his friends via the web. From their most humiliating moments to their most exhilarating, Gossip Girl was there to tell all. Hearing his voice at the end of the episode saying the infamous words “XOXO Gossip Girl” shocked many fans of the show and ended the mystery that had been building up for many seasons. While some viewers are saddened that Gossip Girl has come to an end, the real question should be: What will Gossip Girl do next?

XOXO,

Gossip Girl

Photo Source: Alloy Entertainment
USFSP Bull and fashion guru!