This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

The wait is finally over! Cara Delevingne’s DKNY capsule collection has been released. “I can’t believe that some random, rough, ideas have finally turned into my own collection . . . designs with my own name on them and in collaboration with the iconic DKNY brand.” said Delevingne  

The 15 piece collection was released world wide in stores and online on October 15 and is surprisingly unisex. It includes beanies, t-shirts, crop tops, leather moto pants, sport bras, and a bomber jacket; it is essentially sportswear for the everyday person. The collection oozes a style that is uniquely Cara. The inspiration behind the collection was New York and London city life. Delevingne wanted to create pieces that not only she would want to wear but things that she felt her fans would want to wear as well. 

Although the collection was made open to the public on Oct. 15, it’s official in store launch took place on Oct. 18. Where it took place however was a mystery; one that Cara took advantage of. As most of us know, Cara is no stranger to Instagram. (She used it to cast her campaign models) Instead of simply revealing the location of the launch party she decided to play a little game, posting hints throughout the day that would lead anyone who follows them to the location of the launch. 

The game both clever and amusing is another example of how different Cara Delevingne is from other models, actors, and designers. She lives her life in the same way that she describes her collection, “no rules, no looks, just opportunities.” 

I think that it’s safe to say that this collection is already a success.

A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.