Campus Cutie: Chris Isaacs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

This Campus Cutie Chris Isaacs is the man to know on campus. He is nice, talented, a family man, and has a lot of things ahead of him. Chris is an established member of our USFSP community and really knows how to make the most out the college experience. Please take a moment to read more about this week’s USFSP Campus Cutie, Chris Isaacs.

What year are you (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior)?

I am currently a senior at USFSP.

Why did you decide to go to USFSP?

After living in Jacksonville my whole life, I wanted to see a different side of Florida. Plus, there’s a lot of beaches around and plenty of nightlife for us younger generation to enjoy.

What’s your major?

I am a criminology major with a minor in history. After college, I plan on applying to OCS for the Navy and hopefully traveling the world with my wife for the next 8 years.

What’s your favorite thing about our campus?

My favorite thing about campus is how many amazing people I have had the chance to become friends with because I joined the USFSP community back in 2012. If I wouldn’t have chosen this school, I would’ve never met my amazing wife.

What’s your favorite thing to do on campus?

My favorite thing to do on campus is kayaking for sure. Nothing like a little sun and a beer to relax after a long day of class.

In what ways are you involved on campus?

I am currently involved in two clubs on campus. The first one is the USFSP Criminology Student Association and recently I joined Kevin Erickson LunchPALS where we mentor at risk youth at local elementary schools in Pinellas County.  I also used to work for Sodexo on campus where I would prepare dinner for students when I worked the grill. I also used to work for the Starbucks as well.

What do you do when not at school (extra- curricular activities/jobs…etc)?

Whenever I’m not in class, you can expect to find me at the gym or watching TV with my wife. I also invest a lot of my time with my two dogs. A husky and German Shepard/ wolf mix. Whenever I have the time, I enjoy killing noobz in the game Destiny.

If you could have a superpower which would you pick?

If I could have any superpower, I would choose telekinesis because I could do almost anything with this power. I could stop bullets, or make myself fly.

Most importantly though, what’s your favorite movie?

The first Pokémon movie is hands down my favorite movie.

HCXOXO

Alana Long

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.