This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

College. Who would’ve thought it would be this hard? Currently, I am in my second year of high school but am technically a junior credits-wise. I don’t use that as a way to gas myself up; I think it’s rather scary that I will be going into the real world so soon. Personally, I am a very anxious person, constantly thinking about my future, and it honestly makes me sick to my stomach sometimes. I’ve changed my major countless times, and each time it stressed me out even more and provided no relief. Why does society make us choose an area to study, at such a young age, and expect us to like it for the rest of our lives? On top of that, the amount of work assigned sometimes seems impossible to complete. High school me thought college would be a breeze and looking back now, I wish I could hug past me and let her know she was being naive. I know I’m not the only one who goes through the stress and anxiety that school brings so I’m going to share little tips that help me relax and stay sane overall.

Tip #1: BREATHE! I really enjoy using the app Headspace on my phone which provides me with monitored meditation that really helps me clear my head for as little as 5 minutes and continue to work.

Tip #2: Take a walk outside. Although this sounds cliche, fresh air really does make a difference, and it lets you take your mind off of things for a little while. To make it more fun, bring your roommate along with you.

Tip #3: Have a FaceTime date with your best friend! Nothing feels better than venting to your best friend about your mental breakdowns and getting advice. Sometimes the key is to just let it out. Crying is always healthy so just let it out!  

Tip #4: Face masks! My favorite thing to do is take a bath, put on a face mask, and listen to music. Pampering is ideal to find your inner peace.

With midterms coming up, I wish everyone good luck, we’re all in this together and remember to always put your overall well-being before anything else.

HC, Samantha

19 year old who wishes she was still 9
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.