This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

2020 brought a lot of new habits and past times to us, and for many, listening to podcasts became a new sort of norm. The challenge for many though is finding the right one. If you are one of those people who are struggling to find your next podcast, look no further for we have got you covered with our top podcasts, from five different people with five very different interests.

Kayla Kim — Marketing & Publicity Director

Bitch Work” by Jordyn Rosenberg

Available On: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music

If you are looking for an inspirational, informational, yet entertaining podcast, give this podcast a listen! In each episode, the host, Jordyn, has conversations with different guests who have interesting and unique careers in media, music, business and more. Each episode is an opportunity to learn about the different jobs out there and what a typical day looks like through the stories of these guests. Hearing about everyone’s different careers and the path they took to get to where they are today is truly fascinating and motivating.

Hanh Nguyen — Treasurer & Events Director

Crime Junkies” by Ashley Flowers and Brit Prawat 

Available On: Crime Junkies Website, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music

If you like true crime and unsolved mysteries, this is the podcast for you! Join Ashley and Brit as they reflect and speculate about murders, unsolved crimes and even stories of survival. They keep it fresh with a new mystery each week so there’s something for everyone.

Lucia Verzola — Senior Editor

Anything by the National Public Radio (NPR)

Available on: NPR One App, NPR Website

Not entirely sure how I can call myself an English major with a minor in Journalism and not have a go-to podcast that I listen to, but in the past, I have often found myself listening to specific podcasts from NPR for class. One of my favorite Professors has mentioned on multiple occasions that she wakes up to NPR every morning. Though I don’t anticipate doing that anytime soon, NPR has podcasts across all imaginable genres: news, arts, life and music. The beauty of NPR is that it is all across the United States, meaning that you can listen to stories based in your specific city!

Marisa Mathó — Vice President & Editor-in-Chief

Beats 1 with Julie Adenuga” by Julie Adenuga 

Available On: Apple Music/Beats 1 Radio 

Honestly, I don’t have the patience for chatty podcasts, nor guts for spooky stories. “Beats 1 with Julie Adenuga” is my haven. Her show combines the best of UK music culture with interviews, events and excellent tunes. Julie’s personality is hilarious, bold and witty. If you like hip-hop, R&B, Afrobeats, grime, charge those headphones because you’ll be listening all day!

MaryCate Sperrazza — President & Campus Correspondent

From Our Own Correspondent” by BBC Radio 4 (Hosted By: Kate Adie)

Available On: BBC Radio 4 Website, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music

Self-proclaimed “social justice warriors,” this one is for you! From Our Own Correspondent (FOOC) highlights news stories that too often escape the mainstream headlines, but are impacting millions of lives around the world. By listening to FOOC, one can learn about current events that they might not otherwise hear about while enjoying a podcast. 

If you listen to any of the podcasts that we have suggested, DM us and let us know what you think on Instagram (@HerCampusAtUSFCA)! We are also always taking suggestions for new ones, so feel free to send them our way.

Kayla is a third year Communications Studies major and General Business minor and the Marketing and Publicity Director for the USFCA Chapter of Her Campus. She loves lifestyle content and hopes to contribute related content in her articles. Outside of school and work, you can find her watching sunsets at the beach, scrolling on Pinterest, or rewatching an old episode of FRIENDS.
I am a senior at the University of San Francisco, majoring in Biology and minoring in Biochemistry. I am from Monterey, California where you can find me kayaking, surfing, or baking!
Lucia Verzola is a third year student at the University of San Francisco, majoring in English and minoring in Journalism. From Kansas City, she chose to go to California to pursue her passion in writing. Lucia is the social media director of the inaugural year at the Hilltop Her Campus, and is excited to see what this new community can mean to USF.
Marisa is a senior @ USFCA in the sustainability and global affairs sphere, thinking about emerging economies, outreach and innovation. A digital nomad & explorer with a curious mind– and an accidental empanada connoisseur!
MaryCate (she/her) is a graduate of the University of San Francisco with a BA in International Studies. MaryCate is now a Master's student at Sciences Po in Paris, France studying European Affairs and Global Health.