Terrell Clarke ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Name: Terrell Clarke

Year/Major: Sophomore, Psychology Major with an emphasis on child/youth studies and child development

Hometown: Fremont, California

What are your involvements on campus?

I’m involved with VarCity which is the hip hop dance team here at USF. I am the artistic director and I’ve been on the team since my freshman year. I am also involved with USF Kasamahan which is the Filipino Club here on campus and I serve through the kuya/ading program it’s like big/littles for Filipino club. I am also apart of USF GO team which is the orientation leader team for new student orientation. I just recently got the position of being one of the five team leaders who oversee the entire GO team which means I run the programming, including the application process for future GO team members.

What are you involved in off campus?

I have been apart of three different competitive dance teams. Feel Projection Rascals which was my first dance team that I joined when I was 16 and then I joined Feel Projection dance team which is the adult team. I was also a part of APT for 2 years which is the junior team of The Company. Now I am on this dance team called The Company which is an internationally known, well recognized competitive team. I auditioned with about 120 people and they chose 5 people that day, I was one of them. It was definitely a surreal experience.

You are definitely doing a lot on and off campus. How do you manage your time?

I learned very early on; mostly when I was in high school. I was also very involved in high school so I just had to learn how to take care of my sh**. I had to learn how to be organized and how to do it smootly. Suprisingly, I didn’t have a panner, I had everything in my head so when I was done with something I would go on and do something else. It really helped that I was passionate about what I was doing so it wasn’t a burden to do all of these things.

You put an emphasis on your involvement in dance, when did you first start dancing?

It first stemmed from Junior High when my friend came over and he showed me a dance video. I was amazed by it and at the time, Youtube was booming and dance became crazy because of Youtube. From that point on I started teaching myself from the videos I was watching. I was still doing freestyles while focusing on popping and tutting. I took it upon myself to become apaprt of the dance comunity. That’s why I started dancing for different competitive dance teams.

Do you have free time? If so, what do you do in that time?

Haha yes, I do have free time and in that time I don’t always dance. I enjoy video games, my favorite is pokemon for sure. I mean, pokemon is my life… like I am obsessed with it. I also like going out with friends and chilling. Its nice to get away from the competitive and academic atmosphere. Netflix is nice too.

" I'm as unique as my name"Sophomore Communication Studies major with a minor in Journalism/ African American studies. 
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!