Finding the Perfect Bra

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

There is nothing like feeling beautiful and sexy, inside and out. Embrace your body and personality through finding the perfect bra that makes you feel confident, stylish, and of course, comfortable!

This month, the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will be premiering live on television on November 29th, 2011 at 10/9c. In inspiration of this event, Her Campus at University of San Francisco wants to give you tips on how to find the perfect bra just for you!

Find Out Your Size!
Just like the perfect pair of jeans, the quest for the perfect bra is just as difficult. You may have been a B-cup a year ago, but unfortunately measurements can change through the years. To find the perfect fit, you must have a balance between cup size (letter) and band size (number). Go to any intimates section of a store and have an employee measure you. Then try on a few bras to see what feels comfortable; adjust the straps, test what hook-closure is right for you, and make sure the underwire sits just right and a little snug.

What Shape Is Right For Me?
Depending on where you go during your day, you may be looking for a natural shape specifically for school and laid-back outings, or a push-up shape for parties or special events you attend. The best suggestion would be to find a bra that is versatile for all occasions whether it is with a dress or a lazy tank-top. Try the incredible Demi Bra by Victoria’s Secret. This specific bra is known to be their most comfortable bra ever!

Embrace Your Body and Personality With Your Bra!
Find a bra that uplifts your personality and fits your wardrobe! If you are going for a more classy and sexy feel, choose a lace bra. If you’re feeling happy and colorful, wear a bright polka dot or neon colored bra! Want to add some sass to your mood? Be spontaneous and wear a Cheetah Print Bra! Get the idea now? Associate your bra with who YOU are and how you want to express yourself! A perfect bra is the key to not only being confident but allowing you to express your inner personality!

Coming across Her Campus as a senior in high school and then leading her very own branch, Emily proudly calls herself the co-president and editor-in-chief of Her Campus University of San Francisco. While Emily has a guilty addiction to shopping, celebrities, and all things "girly" she hopes that she can integrate this into a relatable magazine to the women of her campus. Emily has a slight infatuation for John Krasinski and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. When she's not day dreaming about her future husbands, Emily is participating in many extra curricular activities such as her sorority, Kappa Alpha Theta. Emily enjoys good company, good FOOD, and a good ole' television. One of the most recent television series Emily has become a fan of is ABC's Pan Am. If only Pan Am continued to exist, Emily would have seriously considered becoming a stewardess. The success of the branch has yet to blossom. Emily hopes that she can bring Her Campus University of San Francisco to its full potential. In the future, Emily plans studying abroad all over the European continent and pursue her passion of social justice through fashion.