Campus Cutie: Nick Wu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Name: Nick Wu (Zhidong)

Year: Senior

Major: Accounting & Entrepreneurship

Hometown: Qingdao, China (Have you heard of Tsingtao Beer?)

Hey, Nick! Soo…. what’s your current relationship status?

Well, I am single.

Do you have any relationship advice for us?

Not really, but I would appreciate it a lot if you have any relationship advice for me.

What would be the best advice you could give a USF freshman?

Get involved as much as possible, but keep in mind, you can’t get to know everyone all at once, it’s a slow process, it is stable friendships and connections that you are looking for. Don’t pretend to be happy, but think of sad things in a happy way. Keep your best smile, trust me, it almost got me a job. :D

What has been your best college experience thus far? (It can be a particular memory or a club you joined, anything!)

I would say being elected as School of Management Representative on ASUSF Senate when I was a Sophomore. Running as an international student against four domestic students, who all seemed very involved, I was very nervous. I did everything I could do for my campaign, and when I saw the result, that’s when I realized being “international” will not keep me from enjoying my college life.

What was the name of your first crush and do you still keep in contact with them? If yes, what are they up to? If not, what do you think they’re up to?

My very first crush… I think that’s when my values, perspectives and intelligence were still at a pre-mature stage. Her name is Mandy, my classmate in middle school back in China. We are still in touch, I think she is studying on the East Coast now, it seems like she is enjoying her life and I am very happy for her!

Tell us about a particularly good or bad date you have been on.

I was expecting to have a dinner, fancy or casual, it didn’t matter but I was very hungry. It turned out that she didn’t want to eat. We ended up walking around the city for like 7 hours. As soon as I got home, I ate almost everything that’s edible inside my fridge. I think what’s good is that I am sure I burned off more than 2,000 calories.

Are you about that Tinder life?

I think Candy Crush can be a better investment in time compared to Tinder. Although…I did download the Tinder app when I was traveling this summer (JUST TO CHECK OUT THE MOST RECENT TECHNOLOGY), but the few matches I had never responded to me…Then when school started, my friend told me that she had a bad experience using Tinder, so I deleted the app to show my intangible support.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

I hope my future employers won’t see this, but I really can’t lie about my dream of owning my business (creativity/share economy related industry), and that’s where I see myself in 10 years. I have a lot of business ideas, but by the time I find a business partner I can trust who is very passionate about what they are doing, I will start my career in accounting.

What phrase would you have engraved on your tombstone?

I hate to think of death, so I would write “I’m always with you,”. Might be a little creepy, but I don’t really care.

Are there any funny/meaningful stories or comments you would like to share? (About dating or otherwise)

Travel somewhere on your own before you find your significant other, to somewhere you’ve never been to, somewhere you are afraid of, it’s so worth it.

Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.