Campus Cutie: Mackenzie Carlson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Name: Mackenzie Carlson

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Moorpark, California:

Major: Politics Minor: maybe Computer Science?

What activities are you involved in on campus? I got initiated into Delta Zeta Sorority last semester and I just recently got a position on GO Team.

What’s your relationship status? I’m single and not really the type to mingle. I feel like I need to concentrate on my personal growth right now, so I’m not looking for a boyfriend.

Are you on Tinder? Nope! Those types of dating apps/websites give me a weird vibe. I’ve heard way too many horror stories.

What do you look for in a significant other? I look for someone who will put in the effort to make time for me. Someone who only wants the best for me and will always give me their support.

Who’s your celebrity crush? HARRY STYLES OF COURSE <3

What is one thing most people don’t know about you? I’m really fascinated by Japanese culture! I love watching anime and reading manga. I listen to music by Japanese composers and I absolutely adore Japanese fashion. I would love to visit Japan some day!

What’s your best relationship advice?

My best relationship advice is to communicate with each other. When things are going well, or even not so well. I think its amazing to be so close to someone that you can freely express your thoughts to them. It’s a sign of closeness if your partner expresses that something isn’t feeling right and you should talk about it. On the bright side, nothing makes me happier than getting an “I miss you” text.

Natalie is a freshman at the University of San Francisco. She is an English major with an emphasis in Literature and is an active member of the Xi Lambda chapter of Delta Zeta sorority.