Campaign Celebrity for Junior Representative: Jasmin Rezaie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.
Name: Jasmin Rezaie 
Hometown: Yakima, WA (yakizzle) 
Major: International Studies
Year: Sophomore

What made you want to run for AUSF senate? 
I always had an interest in running for ASUSF Senate since my freshman year, but I was afraid to run. This year I got a lot more involved on campus and I joined Delta Zeta, and it really gave me the confidence to pursue this goal of mine. I’ve always had a passion for student government because I feel the voice of the students is so important.  

What’s your favorite thing about USF?
I have to say the community is my favorite. I mean I  know that sounds like the cliche answer, but there really is nothing like it on other college campus, well that I’ve seen. Everyone here is so nice, and its really an awesome place to call my home away from home. 

What is something you want to help improve about USF?
I think USF has an awesome mission and set of values. I think one thing USF is lacking is a sense of school pride and spirit. I definitely would try and get people more involved, and try and help improve attendance at sporting events. School spirit is important because when we all share the love of our school in common, and can rally around the same cause, it helps bring us together. And lets face it, sporting events are fun when everyone is there having a good time. 

Are you an active in local and federal politics? Have you ever voted in an election? 
Yeah, in my hometown I actually interned for a grassroots organization during the Presidential election of 2012. I went door to door and got people to vote, and turn in their ballots before I was even of age to vote myself. I have voted in elections because I think exercising your right to vote is an important privilege many of us take for granted now. 

What do you want voters to know about you that they may not know otherwise? 
I want them to know that I am a hard worker. I don’t do anything half way, and when I set my mind to do something I accomplish it. I really want the best for our class and the students here at USF. I want to promote their best interests, whatever that may entail. I want to be a representative for them, and give a voice to those who may not otherwise feel like they have one. 

Are you involved in any other activities on campus? 
Yes I am a member of Campus Activities Board Street Team, most recently volunteered at the G-Eazy concert. I got to meet him and it was kind of the best thing ever, I took a picture with him doing the blessed pose and he made me look like a rookie. I also am a member of Vitality Contemporary Dance Club here on campus, which has been one of the best experiences. Finally, I am a member of Delta Zeta sorority, which has most definitely been the best decision of my life. I never saw myself being in a sorority before this year, but I am truly glad I changed my mind about it. I actually was appointed to be a Senate Representative for my sorority, so thats how I learned more about senate and what really sparked my interest in running this year. 

Why do you think it’s important for USF students to vote in this election?  
I believe its  truly YOUR USF, make the school what you want it to be. Choose a candidate that you can see being who you want to represent you. The decisions they make do affect us, so make your voice heard. 
Is the best version of herself while sipping coffee in Alamo Square Park, rereading Mindy Kaling's books.
Her Campus USFCA contributors are all exemplery young women at the University of San Francisco in San Francisco, California! Founded in 2020, Her Campus USFCA has grown rapidly to represent our diverse campus community through the unique expression that Her Campus allows. Here readers will find communally contributed articles as well as anonymous articles written by our chapter. We hope that you enjoy these pieces!