Still from the film \'Minari\'
Still from the film \'Minari\'
A24
Life > Experiences

A Letter of Gratitude to my Parents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFCA chapter.

Dear Mommy and Daddy,

There’s no way that I can fully express how thankful I am for your love, guidance and support. Even this letter doesn’t do it justice. But, I will do my best to show just how much I love and appreciate you.

Thank you for your endless support in all aspects of my life. I would not be excelling in school, forging my career path, or becoming the best version of myself if it weren’t for the both of you. All of the heart-to-heart talks, words of encouragement and insightful advice mean so much to me. 

Thank you for guiding me in the right direction. I may not have been grateful for you not letting me have social media accounts back in middle school. But trust me, I definitely am now! As I’ve gotten older, I’ve begun to realize how the times I felt you were “too strict” were actually helping me become a responsible, mature young adult and I couldn’t be more grateful for them. 

Thank you for loving and accepting me. Raising a child is not at all an easy task, let alone someone like me. Every day I am so thankful to have parents who are willing to sacrifice so much and learn about my struggles in order to best support me. I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done to help me through hard times. 

I hope to repay you both someday but, for now, I wanted to write you this letter. Thank you so much and I love you to the moon and back. 

With love,

Eliza

Hello! My name is Eliza Roach and I am a Communication Studies Major at the University of San Francisco. In my free time, I enjoy reading, writing, and spending time with my family and friends. I am a huge foodie and have a weak spot for Japanese food.