Zachary Cornett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Name: Zachary Cornett
Age: 20
Major: Political Science and Pre-law
Year: Junior
Relationship Status: Single

What is your ultimate goal in life?“My ultimate goal in life is to go to law school and become a lawyer specializing in corporate law, after that I would love to enter the political field.”

What is your favorite thing about USF? “My favorite thing about USF is the student body. Everyone is always friendly and willing to come out and join or support a new cause.”

What is your least favorite thing about USF? “Sometimes USF seems to be a ghost town on the weekends. It makes planning events and things on campus rather challenging. It would be nice to see more student involvement over the weekends.”

What is your proudest accomplishment at USF? “One of my proudest accomplishments while attending USF would have to be helping form the USF Quidditch team and then leading them to 3rd place in the Southeastern Regional Swamp Cup Championship.”

If you could go back in time and change something from your own life or in history, what would it be? “I believe the events of the past help shape who we are in both the present and the future. Everything happens for a reason to make us the person that we are. Therefore I feel it would be irresponsible to go back and change anything. I have lived such a good life thus far doing so, to me, would seem selfish.”

What are your interests and hobbies? “I am a huge music buff, there isn’t really a time where I’m not listening to some sort of music. I also love books and reading and of course playing Quidditch. I am a huge fan of horror movies, and anything having to do with zombies holds a special place in my heart.”

What is something weird about you? “If I walk into my bathroom, and my shower curtain (or anyone’s shower curtain for that matter) is drawn shut, I HAVE to check behind it before doing anything else. This is especially true at night, you never know who could be hiding in the bathroom!”

What’s normal about you? “Normal is boring. But I guess at the end of the day I’m just another college student trying to get an education while trying to balance everything else along with it.”

What are you madly passionate about? “I am madly passionate about several things. First and foremost my two current loves: Quidditch and Zombies, particular Humans Vs Zombies. I’m organizing both the upcoming Quidditch meet on April 17th as well as the HvZ game taking place between April 15th and 18th and both have been extremely challenging but also a complete blast and I am very excited to see how they pan out.”

What’s your favorite cause to support? “There are a few causes that I regularly champion. One is for the recent disaster in Japan. I also very frequently attend events to raise money for breast cancer research. And tonight, my Quidditch team and I will be helping with USF’s Relay for Life. Of course social issues of equality both inside and outside our country hold a place in my interest as well.”

Words of wisdom for other USF students? “The best thing I can say is for everyone to get involved! USF is full of groups of all kinds and I’m sure there is something out there for everyone. I’ve seen groups from Anime to Archery and anywhere in between. They’re great to meet new friends that hold similar interests as you. And in the off-chance there isn’t a club that pertains to your specific interest, you can always start your own!”

Daylina Miller is a senior at the University of South Florida studying multimedia journalism and psychology and anticipates graduating spring 2012. She is a member of the national and USF chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists, Bull Bikers' Association, and the Heavy Metal Enthusiasts Club. She currently writes news features for USF's website and is an avid blogger. Her interests include traveling, writing, tarot, paranormal research and photography. She recently enjoyed a travel/study tour to London and various cities in Ireland and plans on backpacking through Europe after graduation. Being a mermaid didn't pan out and paranormal research won't pay her bills so her ultimate goal is to report for a well-respected daily newspaper or magazine as a multimedia journalist.