This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Now that the semester is coming to a close we are able to see the culmination of our hard work, but sometimes the semester doesn’t go as planned. Whether it’s life throwing an unexpected curveball, or a class asking for more than you can give, sometimes we’re not able to pass our classes. This comes with feelings of frustration, sadness and worry. It can also cause anxiety not knowing what to do next, so here are your three options.

Late withdrawal – This one is used mainly for when you’re failing more than one class due to life reasons. For this you will submit an ARC petition, have your professor sign the ARC paperwork and communicate with your advisor. Your petition will be reviewed and then they will let you know if you were approved or not. If approved it will not affect your GPA since the class will be a withdrawal. The ARC petition can be accessed through your Archivum under student portal.

Grade forgiveness – This one is for when you just didn’t do as great or you got rejected from your ARC petition. This will not erase your other grade but for USF you are able to retake the class and if you do better, then the higher grade will replace your other grade. Your first grade will still be visible but it will not count towards your GPA at USF.

Take the L –  Finally you can just take the loss. If this is a class you never have to take again and you don’t want to, then you can always just come to terms with the failing grade and hope it doesn’t destroy your GPA.

I hope this information was able to guide you in the right direction and that it makes you feel a little better if you are in this circumstance. Life happens, don’t let it knock you down. There are tons of resources offered online and on campus to help you succeed! You are still amazing, beautiful and strong, keep at it!

Alondra is a bright, smiley, cow-loving student majoring in Psychology and minoring in both biology and philosophy. She is also a pharmacy technician and hopes to one day become a doctor. On her day to day she is running from one place to another and being vocal about her activism. Alondra tends to be a busy bee and also a social butterfly. When she's not busy you will find her in a hammock and hanging out with her friends or family. She is also a proud puertorican, a libra , a Halloween fanatic and a mom to a lovely pitbull mix named Bella Rose