sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Venus is in Retrograde and it is Clearly Affecting Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

If you follow your horoscope you know about this phenomenon and how it is going to affect your sign. If you do not know, here is the general drift: your love life is going to mess up fast and hard. Pretty much every time a planet goes into retrograde something is going to be weird for a bit. When mercury is in retrograde you have problems communicating, when Venus is in retrograde you will have problems with every one of your personal relationships. This especially applies to you if you are a Libra since Venus is your ruling planet.

Photo courtesy of Pixabay

What is Venus responsible for? Venus is the ruling planet for love, harmony, and compassion. Every eighteen months it reverses into retrograde motion. This usually lasts about six weeks. The slowdown can be a tricky time for relationships and often headlines blare about celebrity splits. At this time our closest ties are tested, and if a bond is not built of solid stuff, you will surely experience turbulence. As horrible as that seems, this is also a chance to get out with the old and in with the new. Venus retrograde could bring a much-needed pause to complicated plots of our love stories, allowing us to take a step back and gain or regain perspective.

Photo courtesy of iHeartRadio

This is a great time to evaluate your old relationships with both friends and lovers. Figure out if anyone is slowing you down or if you are happy with the relationships you have with the people around you. Also, remember to think about the relationship you have with yourself Now is the time to figure out if you are in a good mental state and if you are not, now is the time to think about how to get to where you want to be. Irritation may also flare up faster so remember to breath and keep swimming.

The retrograde ends on November 13, 2018; however, Mercury starts its retrograde on November 17, 2018, so the next two months might be straining.

Photo courtesy of Pinterest

I am a 19-year-old student majoring in Psychology and World languages on the Pre-medical track. Writing has been a passion of mine ever since I moved to America eight years ago. My other hobbies include pageantry, I just crowned the new reigning Miss Teen Palm Beach America, and cooking. A fun fact about me is that I speak three languages fluently (Russian, Hebrew, and English) and I am a Wiccan. My background inspires my writing and plays a role in my approaches to certain topics.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.