This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

When you think of Valentine’s Day, you always about the nighttime plans, right? Well let’s just focus on the day part of this lovely holiday! It is supposed to be great weather this time of year as the temperatures rise just a bit, so why not wear a dress? You could go for the bold red, of course, and accent it with heart accessories, or you could try something different. Here we have a display of some fashionable items that might suit you. 

A pink halter A-cut dress with some white flowers instead of hearts. Different but it still has pink, which is one of the Valentine’s Day colors. It is comfortable and flows quite well. With such a bright color for the main part of the outfit, you can tone it down with a denim jacket. Denim is back ladies, so what better day to rock it then the day of love.  It is perfect for the unpredictable Florida weather and adds a little edge to the outfit.

The hairstyle that Ariana Grande is pulling off is half up half down with lose curls. This look is romantic and flirty, while still being practical enough for the day. Keep your makeup subtle to match. Maybe you could add a bold lip color if you are feeling bold. Rose red would be perfect for this day.

A purse is necessary. Highlight the black petals in the dress with an over-the-shoulder quilted purse and wear some adorable black flats to match. These two items of the outfit are accented with gold, which ties the jewelry we have picked out. Some simple gold studded earrings and a gold bangle (especially one with the word LOVE engraved in it) would look simple enough so the dress is still the main focus.

If you’re heading outside top off this outfit with a nice set of cat-eye styled glasses. In the sunshine state it’s always crucial to have a pair of sunglasses. Look stylish and avoid squinty eyes with these gorgeous cat-eyed glasses.

There you have it collegiettes™. Now you can look beautiful with or without a valentine on this day. This day is about loving everything you do, and loving those around you. So wear an outfit that you love and remember, you can pull anything of with confidence. 

Ashley Harnish is an Alumna of the University of South Florida. She graduated May of 2016 with her Bachelors in Dance Studies and minor in mass communications. Ashley is a former Editor's Assistant for Her Campus at USF. Even though she has be dancing since was just three years young, she loves it more everyday. Writing is another passion of hers, especially on her blog http://ashleycamille24.wordpress.com/. Her favorite show is F.R.I.E.N.D.S and one day she hopes to travel the entire world while writing about her experiences in each dance community.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.