TV TUESDAY: The Carrie Diaries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

After the many years of cherishing the amazing show Sex and the City, now we have the opportunity to get connected with Carrie Bradshaw once again. The Carrie Diaries is a prequel to the HBO television series Sex and the City. It stars Anna Sophia Robb as Carrie Bradshaw. The protagonist and voice-over narrator of the series is a 16 year-old high-school student living in Castlebury, Connecticut, who dreams of being a famous writer.

With this 2013 TV show we go back to the 80’s. It reminds us of our days when we first asked questions about love, sex and friendship. The Carrie Diaries revolves around a world where fashion rules. It demonstrates how following dreams means dealing with many obstacles along the way. It also shows us that being ambitious and focused in life opens new door we never expected, but be prepared to make some sacrifices.

We can all relate to and remember those teenage years where drama was part of our daily life. What we now consider small situations were then considered enormous and overwhelmed our life. Also, it presents the ongoing struggles of teens finding out who they truly are and what they want in life. This show leads the audience to think back and reflect how social norms construct the individual positively or can inhibit who people really they truly are.

Have fun watching The Carrie Diaries! Prepare a ladies night and enjoy the two seasons of the show. It’s the opportunity to watch Carrie Bradshaw’s journey before she met Big and to see how her teenage decisions were reflected in her adult life.

Collegiettes™ love, drama and fashion are just a search away. Enjoy!  

From an early age Lucielle Salomon discovered her passion for the media. Becoming a media person has and is her goal in life. Energy, passion and laughter describe her. Having the opportunity to participate in different extracurricular events and becoming a professional model helped her become a confident and outgoing individual. Salomon considers herself as a person that embraces change due to her family relocating in different places over the years. Fashion is her passion. Further than clothes fashion is attitude and Salomon goes for it! Beyond her talent Lucielle always knew she had to follow her dream wherever it took her. “It does not matter what your dream is, it is what you do to accomplish it”. It’s a quote that is present in every decision she makes. Lucielle would love you profoundly, if you follow her on instagram/twitter: @luciellesalomon
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.