THROWBACK THURSDAY: OK Go

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Four years ago this American band came out with a creative music video that involved treadmills. For their hit single “Here it Goes Again” OK Go performed a coordinated dance number while jumping and sliding from treadmill to treadmill.

The single came from their album “Oh No”. The album had other singles such as “A Million Ways” and “Do What You Want,” which was featured in a Target commercial.

The band is well known for their interesting music videos. One involved a large-scale Rube-Goldberg machine (“This Too Shall Pass”) and another one which had trained dogs doing fun tricks with the band members (“White Knuckles”).

Their latest album “Of the Blue Colour of the Sky” came with a different sound than their past releases. It took on more of an electronic-dance vibe. Two years after this album was released, the band cut ties with its record company to start their own independent label called Paracadute.

OK Go has continued to come up with original music videos that are entertaining for everyone. The band has been working on a fourth studio album due to for release this year. To keep fans satisfied, they released “Twelve Days of Ok Go” in December 2012 with rare recordings and B-Sides. Then for 2013, they went with “Twelve Months of Ok Go” where every month a B-side recording or cover song was released on their free mp3 web store and to email subscribers.

If you like OK Go, then you might also like:

Foster the People:Pumped Up KicksHoudiniMiami Horror:HolidaysReal Slow 

Photo source from: http://okgo.net/photos/photos-of-ok-go/?photo=7

Brittany is a senior at the University of South Florida, majoring in mass communications with a focus on magazine journalism. She is also pursuing a minor in creative writing. She's written for an online magazine, Reasons to be Beautiful. She enjoys reading, watching movies and hooked on tv shows. Her dream job would be to write for Entertainment Weekly or writing movie reviews while living in the U.K.
Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.