This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

My breath caught and I prayed that it would be just a hug on last week’s Glee. Instead, Rory Flanagan’s beautiful rendition wasn’t enough to stop Puckerman from leaning in and Shelby Corcoran from accepting the kiss. Now the irony that Noah Puckerman is actually participating in the very act he had set out to correct in the first place wasn’t lost on me. Yes, the very affair, if it happens, would be enough for Quinn to get Beth back. Lovely twist there, dear writers. But also one that made me immediately tweet this- “just how far is Glee going to push this teacher-student affair. Oh wait, Pretty Little Liars did that too.”

It seems, nowadays, that series writers’ main goal is to find out how far they can push the boundaries and norm of societal morals. That each episode is just one more experiment on just how much we can swallow and accept.

Now props to Pretty Little Liars which has finally pushed that boundary and makes us accept Aria Montgomery and Ezra Fitz’s relationship. In fact, I personally root for them every time it seems that they might break up.  Oh, it is very easy to accept their relationship because they meet before Fitz was technically Aria‘s English teacher. Oh what excuses we give. Or perhaps, it is easy to stomach because it all happens in a make-believe world, never mind the fact that the audience demography is a young one.

Just how far are we willing to let things slide? Even though I do not completely side with the Parent Television Council, I do wonder who is protecting the interests of the kids. In real life, the teacher could spend up to 15 years in prison, if caught.

So once again I ask, just how far is Glee going to take the Puckerman and Shelby affair? Would it progress from a kiss to a rumble under the sheets? Or is Shelby going to deck the relationship even before it starts because she realizes just how wrong it is?
When Ryan Murphy, Ian Brennan and Brad Falchuk decide, we will find out.