Styling the Boyfriend Jean

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It’s that awkward time in Florida when we’re slowly transitioning to cooler weather. This means trying to figure out what to wear during this time period. We’re cold in the morning, building up puddles of sweat in the afternoon, and then back to freezing at night. It’s kind of hard to win, but, not impossible.

The boyfriend jean is a go-to style piece that will help you beat all odds of the changing Florida temperature. They’re loose and breezy, which is an absolute must for the fall and winter season. Here are different ways to style the boyfriend jeans with the correct pair of shoes for all different types of occasions.

1. Ankle boots

When it starts to get a little chilly, ankle boots are the perfect pair of shoes to keep your feet warm and give your boyfriend jeans some edge.

2. Strappy sandals

Strappy sandals are a great way to pair with your boyfriend jeans to keep your outfit feeling fun and flirty.

3. Pointed toe

A pointed toe heel is always a good way to dress up your boyfriend jeans. It adds some a chic feel to your everyday street style.

4. Open Heel

When you’re feeling a little more extravagant, pair your boyfriend jeans up with an open heel to go out on the town.

5. Converse

Nothing is better than looking cute and being comfy at the same time? Converse are perfect for on the go runs or a day on campus.

6. Slip-ons

Slip-ons have been all the rave recently in fashion trends. They’re an easy and quick option to dress down your boyfriend jeans, while remaining fashionably on point.

Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.