This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

We’re all used to going on vacation, seeing our friends on boats, and having our instagram feeds filled with people in Europe or the Bahamas. This can definitely make us feel left out if we’re not the one’s on the boat in the Bahamas but, staying home during spring break has its pros! 

Spring break can be used for vacation but it can also be used to relax and actually catch up on sleep. Living in Florida especially on the west coast, you could go to the beach everyday and not have to pay for a hotel. But if you want more of a staycation there are so many hotels, Airbnbs, beaches, and islands to choose from. Not traveling during spring break could be your way of saving money for your big summer trip! And think of it this way, if you were traveling during spring break, you would be waking up early and not catching up on sleep. Staying home for spring break is your best bet at resetting. You can get on a regular sleep schedule, go to a workout class, finally go grocery shopping and clean your place. It’s the week where you can relax and reset after midterms and prepare yourself for the final weeks of the semester. 

For seniors, it’s the best time to spend time with your family and your roommates; you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars on a vacation to hang out with them. Living in Florida allows you to visit Disney, Universal, and Busch Gardens, if amusement parks are your thing. You could even take the week to watch all the movies and TV shows you’re behind on. I’m personally working extra shifts to save up for grad school and finally going on dinner dates with my best friends. Let yourself get that massage, go get a pedicure, go to a sauna everyday; there’s so much you can do. There’s nothing wrong with staying home for spring break, let yourself be an introvert and do what makes you feel good! 

Hi! I'm a junior with a psych major and a nutrition minor. I love to travel and meet new people. Feel free to follow me on instagram! @gabyytovarr