This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

It’s finally my fourth and last year at USF and it couldn’t come any sooner. My graduation isn’t until next spring but even the thought of waiting that long drives me crazy.

Every day is a fight for me to get out of bed and drive to school. Finishing assignments feels impossible and there’s no time for yourself; it’s exhausting.

It’s normal for seniors to get restless being here. There’s a lot of stress going into your senior year. You’re constantly anxious about doing well in your classes because you’re so close to finishing. The thought of failing a class and messing up your degree track is one of the biggest things you feel yourself worrying about. 

One of the worst things is being pressed with the constant question of, “what are you going to do after college?” Well, I don’t know. I’m honestly just trying to make it through the year. Being a senior can be stressful with having to answer all these questions when asked about your future. They expect you to have everything figured out by the time you’ve graduated when that’s incredibly unrealistic.

Senior year, you feel like you have to take everything so seriously. Maybe every year you take things seriously, but this year everything feels real. You wish you were younger, or you wish you were done already, but being a senior alone feels terrifying. 

I have such bad senioritis- I want to graduate and start my life so badly. But, like many others, I have no clue what I’m doing after college. Sure, I’m double majoring, I’m almost finished, and I have an idea of the things I like, but I don’t know what happens after graduation. I’m worried about starting a career and being a real adult in the workforce and even though I’m so ready to graduate, I really have nothing to rush for.

Senioritis is very real. I don’t want to stay up in the library all night doing homework or going to early classes. However, I’ve realized I’m not as ready as I think I am to be done at USF. And that’s okay. I want to have fun during my senior year and use it as a way to get ready for the rest of my life. I want to spend as much time with my friends while I can and enjoy my final year. I’m going to make this last year the best that I can- but I really can’t wait to graduate.

Hi everyone! My name is Alexis McDonald, my pronouns are she/her/hers, and I'm currently double majoring in English and Political Science at USF. I'm also the Social Media Director for our chapter! I love reading, thrifting, and tea drinking! I enjoy writing about mental health, activism, and astrology! I have enjoyed writing since I was young and have grown to have a passion for it ever since.