Rozeena Taylor: Meet A Her Campus Writer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

What year are you and what’s your major? “Senior, majoring in anthropology and minoring in public health.”

Hometown? “New Haven, Connecticut.”

Birthday? “October 30, 1990.”

Odd Fact? “Shares her birthday with Christopher Columbus and actress Nia Long.”

Hobbies? “Writing, fashion, anything that revolves around creativity captures my interest. I play the alto saxophone, love do-it-yourself projects, blogging and thrifiting.”

Extracurricular involvement? “I’m the editor for Good Knocking and Black Student Union newsletter and magazine, and involved in Caribbean Cultural Exchange, WOW street team, Office of Multicultural Affairs, Campus Activities Board and homecoming street team.

Where have you traveled to? “I travel randomly with my family. I’ve driven the entire East Coast and visited all of the Caribbean.”

Odd Fact? “I am a backwards immigrant. I was born here in the United States and then moved to Jamaica for three years before returning to Connecticut. Finally, my parents settled in Orlando, Florida and I moved to Tampa on my own four years ago.”

Something random? “I have a collection of sunglasses (32 pairs).”

Favorite quote? “’Fall seven times, stand up eight.’”

Pepsi or coke? “Coke all day!”

Favorite movie?Transformers 1 because Bumblebee makes my knees weak.”

Biggest fear? “Piranhas and failure.”

Favorite class at USF? “Introduction to Physics.”

Favorite tradition at USF? “Round Up, especially with Kevin Hart.”

Celebrity crushes? “Channing Tatum, Shemar Moore and Beyoncé.”

Favorite candy? “Gummy worms.”

Favorite food? “Curry chicken (bawse!). Any Jamaican food, really.”

Favorite television shows? House, The New Girl, Community, Once Upon a Time and Adventure Time.”

What are your plans after school? “To go to a physician assistant school, med school, professor of medicine and to be a newspaper/magazine journalist.”

Describe yourself in seven words. “Eclectic, hilarious, extroverted, outspoken, creative, unique and bold.”

Do you have any piercing or tattoos? “None except my ears.”

Unforgettable memory? “Standing in line to vote in the 2008 presidential election.”

Color scheme in your room? “Earth tones consisting of chocolate brown, beige, jade and hunter green.”

Siblings? “Two half-sisters.”

Your feelings about mozzarella? “Conservative. Ask not what your mozzarella can do for you.”

What are you looking to get from your involvement with Her Campus? “Experience in magazine-style writing, networking, meeting new people and memories.”

Favorite color? “Trick question; I have five: yellow, gold, black, purple and Jade.”

Something you would invent? Alarm clocks that play positive affirmations, V-Neck tank tops, time machines and zero-calorie cheesecake.”

Allergies? “Pollen and whole wheat.”

Your feelings towards Magic Mike? “Oscar-worthy.”

Favorite song? “’Everyone Falls in Love’ by Tanto Metro and Devonte.”

How have you changed since freshman year? “I’m more comfortable with speaking my mind and more specifically, speaking in front of people. I have a firmer grasp on my goals and priorities now that I’m closer to appreciating them.”

Something you wish you could do over? Freshmen and sophomore years; I could have gotten more from my time living on campus and done much more networking. I’m paying for that now. I want to use this time to the best of my ability.”

Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.