The Return of Adele

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

For music enthusiasts such as myself, Adele’s hiatus from the industry has really hurt us in more ways than one. After the commercial success of her sophomore album 21, which was released in 2011, British soul-singer Adele took a well-documented hiatus.  Many of her fans refer to this time as her “happy” time, as found new love and had a child. No need to worry the wait is finally over, Adele teased her new single “Hello” with a thirty second commercial during British X-Factor on Sunday, October 18th. After the commercial aired social media exploded with a now definite return of the singer.

Through-out the year there has a lot of speculation about the singer’s return but no confirmed information. After the commercial aired for the song, Adele proceeded to break the internet once again by posting a heartfelt letter on Facebook which stated “My last record was a break up record and if I had to label this one I would call it a make-up record. I’m making up with myself. Making up for lost time. Making up for everything I ever did and never did”.

Full Letter Below:

Even though Adele stated in her letter this is a “make-up record”, She is still making music that incites very deep emotions that might prompt us to send those late night texts like “what you doing” and  the infamous “hey stranger” text, or even long for a relationship we were never in. The video for the single “Hello” which was released on Friday, October 23 does just that.  

On her website, Adele announced that her new album, 25, is set to be released on November 20th. It seems for a while music was missing something and that was the voice of Adele and she is finally back

Sophomore at the University of South Florida. Mass communications major international studies minor. Pop culture lover, avid music listener, extreme lover of food. Living life one day at a time.
Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.