A Proper Send-Off to Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

We all know that feeling we get as another endless summer winds down. Suddenly, you’re on the other side of July and swimsuit blowout sales turn into tax-free school supply weekends. Hopefully by now, the fourth or so week of classes for most of us, you’ve gotten back into the campus flow. While Summer might be over, and we can all agree that it was a summer to remember, Fall has just begun and brings a lot of exciting new things. Because Fall has only just begun, here is our proper send-off to summer: 

While a true banger is versatile enough to be enjoyed whatever the season, there are some hits that are just so summer they would be depressing to listen to while trying to convince yourself not to skip your last lecture of the day. In addition to Demi—who obviously has the anthem for Summer 2015 on lock—enjoy the last few days of sun, sea, and sand with this playlist of other odes to summer with this playlist

With the release of pumpkin flavored everything we know you’re ready to break out your boots, scarves, and duffle coats. While you wait for your Snapchat temperature filter to read below 70 degrees, savor these numbered balmy days by using your summer nail shades! Summer shades—like my personal favorite, Essie’s “In the Cab-ana”—pair perfectly with your summer tan. Your deep plums and warm coppers will get lots of play time in autumn and winter, so get in one last mani-pedi session with your bright summer collections!

So you’ve got your summer playlist ready and your nails on fleek, the last thing you need for a final tanning session at the beach is reading material. We’re all guilty of making a summer reading list that we never get to. If you’re lucky and you haven’t hit the intensive studying period of your classes yet, use your free time for some recreational reading! It may not sound quite as appealing as queuing up Pretty Little Liars on Netflix, but getting in some quality reading time before you get sick of looking at books will be good for you. Any book off of Bustle’s Contemporary Feminist Reading List is a solid choice, or sample some magazines to get the skinny on Fall trends!

It’s normal to experience difficulty letting go of lazy summer days and getting back into early fall mornings, but let’s say “sayonara” to summer and greet Fall with a smile—it’s gonna be a great year! 

Psychology major and Creative Writing minor at the University of South Florida.Eliminating the unexamined life one pitch at a time.TITSANDASP.WORDPRESS.COMFollow Ash on Instagram and Twitter @aftalonzo
Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.