One of the 25 Under 25: Petr Bambasek

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Sophomore Petr Bambasek, majoring in business advertising, has put his knowledge of involvement, dedication and worldly knowledge to excel into one of the 25 Under 25 positions.

You recently were named one of the 25 Under 25. What does this mean to you?
I am truly honored to be recognized by the USF’s College of Business 25 Under 25 Program. Being selected among the 25 most outstanding student leaders serves as a validation of what I have been doing not only recently, but also long before coming to USF. It gives me the reassurance that hard work and service to the community is something that people appreciate. It tells me I have to be doing something right.

What organizations are you apart of at USF?
During my first semester, I joined the USF Advertising Club and at the end of the term, I became the social media/external communications chair for the club. Last month, I was elected the president of USF Ad Club for the Fall 2012.

Last year, I served as the VP of Marketing at Createch USF, a student organization focused on expanding students’ knowledge and experience in web development, graphic design, programming, marketing, public relations, and creative arts. I am currently the president of Createch USF.

Additionally, I worked at USF Student Government Department of Marketing as a Coordinator for Graphic Design and produced multimedia promotions to the target audience of the 47,000 students at USF.

On the sports side, I love coming to the events of the Wakeboard and Watersports Club (WakeUSF) and the USF Surf Club.

Who is the most influential person in your life?
It would be unfair to pick just one single person. Many people play an important role in my life: my family, my girlfriend, my friends… All of them have contributed to who I am today.

Why do you think being involved is important?
I believe that your college experience, as well as many other things, depends on how you approach it. You will get out of it what you put into it. Through involvement, not only can you experience new things and meet interesting people; you can also learn what you would not otherwise: gain knowledge and skills and discover more about others as well as about yourself. Once we are out of college, these opportunities will hardly be so easy to grab.

How you think growing up in a different country affected the person you are today?
Growing up in the heart of Europe provided me with a different outlook on life and the world. Even though I am familiar with the American history and culture, I am still able to look at things differently. Yes, the world is interconnected today and globalization is causing cultures to converge; however, fortunately, many customs and mindsets remain distinct.

I truly value the diversity at USF as I was able to meet people from various backgrounds. These experiences are always unique and push you forward. I would encourage everyone to study abroad at least once—especially now, while we are in college and while it is quite easy. We need to think globally and have an extensive overview of what is happening around the world to be able to succeed today. I am happy that USF strives for global impact, international cooperation and multicultural understanding. I try to enrich the perspectives of others as much as I can.

As James Dean once said: “Dream as you will live forever, live as you’ll die today.”

Vote for the student you think is most remarkable by April 15, 2012! 

Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.