Okay You. Get Your Boldness Back!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

I know that some of us have encountered the shy phase at one point in our lives. Whether it was in elementary school or high school. A majority of us have hidden who we truly are, and who we are meant to be. Why? Because someone might have told you that who you are wasn’t good enough for them. Or maybe, the way you looked at yourself was a negative comparison to the world’s standards. For any and every reason, showing who you truly are wasn’t the best idea. I can tell you one thing, I’ve been there.

Comparing myself to people such as my older sister, or my mentor. Anyone I have compared myself to, brought out the worst of me. It made me feel like I was nothing. Or I believed I was never going to be anything. That’s when you realize that one day, you become who you are meant to be, and in my case, there is something within me that I have yet to show the world. It’s the warrior in me,

You’re probably asking, “Donasia, where are you going with this?” Allow me to explain. Last week, I went to my old job, and I thought that I was going to be there for a normal conversation, until there was going to be a new job opportunity that is going to be created for me and other people like me. When the conversation was over, I felt liberated. I felt like I could do anything. After that, I had so much boldness and confidence that I have not seen in myself in a while. So, I drove to my local newspaper company, and I asked the receptionist about a writing job. She had the editor come out, and he basically gave me a small interview right there. A couple of days later, the editor calls me, and he gets me ready for my first story.

Having these things happening to me was not only miracles, it was a step of faith. It was my boldness coming out, and owning my future. I wanted to emerge to the person I was meant to be. For once in my life, I was very proud of myself.

I am not saying to do exactly what I did, but I dare you to be bold in your own way. Whether it’s coming out, or changing your style, your comfort zone couldn’t fit you anyway. For comfort stretches, and you stretch with it. I dare you to be the best version of yourself throughout the circumstances. Boldness is knocking, and it’s time to open the door.

"Live. Learn. Grow. Go"