New Year Resolutions? Follow these Three Youtubers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Each year we make similar goals as the new year rings in. If you are anything like me, you vow every January that you are going to de-clutter your life, and do everything in your power to make this new year the happiest, healthiest, and most productive one yet; however, if you really are anything like me, about a month into the new year most of your goals start to go out the window as soon as life gets complicated.

It is understandable. The spring semester starts to pick up, and suddenly, whatever free time you get, you probably want to spend it sitting in bed eating pizza and watching Netflix. For times like this, I need all the inspiration I can get.

One of my favorite platforms to turn to in these times of need is YouTube because of the endless DIY’s, cooking videos, style hacks, and so on. Weirdly enough, nothing makes me want to kickstart my goals more than watching somebody else succeed at them.

Whether you vowed to begin eating healthier, be more organized, or take more time for self-care, here are some amazing channels to help you start.

Start a Healthier, More Active Lifestyle: Sarah’s Day

Sarah Stevenson is a go-to wellness vlogger and health guru who I have personally been watching for years now. Her channel features healthy recipes, workout videos, and an overall ideal, fit lifestyle that is bound to give you the motivation you need to get outside and exercise.

With a motto of “listen to your body,” Sarah’s goal on her platform is to share her passion for fitness, holistic living, and overall health with her subscribers.

Photo courtesy of @sarahs_day via Instagram

Cook More Meals at Home: Bon Appétit

Bon Appétit Magazine’s Youtube channel features their talented chefs teaching you how to make their most popular, delicious recipes at home. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced home cook, they have a variety of recipes you can find on the channel, such as crispy chicken cutlets, dark chocolate chia seed parfaits, toffee chocolate chip cookies, and more. You are sure to find something you will love to cook.

Photo courtesy of @bonappetitmag via Instagram

Take More Time for Self-Care: Valeria Lipovetsky 

Aside from her extremely entertaining weekly vlogs, Valeria produces content about self-care and recognizing your own worth, which we could all use at times. Her channel features videos about dealing with heartbreak, toxic friendships, being a #GirlBoss, and conquering your fear of failure.

Photo courtesy of valerialipovetsky.com

Keeping up with your goals can overall be overwhelming, but no matter what your New Year resolution is, these influencers are sure to give you some inspiration.

Happy 2019, everybody!

Raised in sunny Naples, Florida, Andrea is majoring in Mass Communications at USF with a focus in advertising. When she’s not maintaining a part-time job at Starbucks, Andrea enjoys spending time at the beach, playing with dogs, and writing. If you want to learn some more about her, head on over to her Instagram at @andreasabin.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.