This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

As a Floridian, there isn’t exact change weather which signifies the beginning of Christmastime. However, there is one thing that makes it my favorite time of the year: Christmas movies. Rather than getting snowflakes, I welcome the season with the new Netflix original. While the stories might seem mundane, I find so much comfort in watching the new romcoms every winter. This year, I’ve already seen two new Christmas movies, and I can’t wait for whatever else is next. Here are some of the reasons why I love the Netflix Christmas romantic comedies. 

They’re fun for the whole family! 

I spend most of my Christmases with my family, watching all the new movies with my vavó (grandma in Portuguese). As a result, I love that cross-generations, we can enjoy the same movies together. My vavó loves the stories of big town journalists going to small towns, secret princes, and holiday community parties that need to be saved. I love how every year I can enjoy these movies with my family and put me in the holiday spirit. 

The Stories are Endless!

While these Christmas movies always follow a similar plotline, the stories are endless. As I said, the stories can be of royalty, big city dreams, and even include cameos from Santa himself. I know how silly these formulaic stories can be, so I suspend reality for these movies. I love how these Christmas movies always find a way to share a feel-good story, no matter the setting. I also love that many of the actors and actresses are seen in multiple Christmas Rom Coms. Even though there are a ton of memes about Vanessa Hudgens’s Christmas movie career, I love seeing her every year. 

Overall, Netflix Original Christmas romantic comedies are ridiculous most of the time, but always so entertaining to watch. I love how my whole family can enjoy the numerous stories that are released every year. That is why these Christmas movies are my guilty pleasure and get me into the holiday spirit. 

Hi! My name is Penelope, but everyone calls me Penny. I am an undergraduate student at the University of South Florida majoring in marketing and integrated PR and advertising. I'm a proud, communicative Gemini, who is excited to share on Her Campus! Some of my interests include watching movies (I consider myself an 80's movie aficionado), listening to music, going to concerts, and following hockey.