My Addiction: Why You Should Give Concerts a Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Before I started college, I had not been much of a concert dweller. Sure, I had been to a couple shows for some of my favorite acts. including Hilary Duff for my seventh birthday, bow down, but not enough to consider myself hooked. Now, I can proudly say I am addicted to going to concerts.

Photo courtesy of Lizzy Hoffman

I have spent a somewhat large chunk of change on these shows, but they have been some of the coolest experiences of my life. I was also finally able to hear songs I have been obsessing over for years, and they were even better in person. Yeah, I waited in the hot Florida sun for nine hours last week to see 5 Seconds of Summer, but it was worth it to hear them perform some of my favorite songs ever.

Photo courtesy of Lizzy Hoffman

There are negatives to these shows, as there are with anything, but the positives far outweigh them. We are packed into venues like sardines, but that gives us an opportunity to become friends with the people next to us. We wait outside the venue for what feels like eons, but that gives us a tiny chance to possibly see the band before the show. I have never come away from a concert disappointed, which gives them a pretty good reputation in my opinion.

Photo courtesy of Lizzy Hoffman

If you do not go to concerts very often because you don ot like the atmosphere, I suggest giving them another shot. I have always sung their praises, and now my mom has started going to quite a few. Next weekend we are seeing Phil Collins together and I cannot imagine a cooler way for us to bond! Now, go check Ticketmaster to see the artists you like that are playing near here. I can guarantee you will not regret picking up a ticket.

Photo courtesy of Lizzy Hoffman

Lizzy is majoring in Creative Writing and will receive her degree in the spring. She loves iced coffee, dachshunds, politics (though not really the climate right now), Harry Styles, vine compilations, and so much more. She can't wait to pursue writing further when she graduates.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.