Music Monday: Back-to-School Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

We have recently welcomed the new fall semester, along with a fresh start and opportunities! Despite all of these amazing things that Fall 2014 has already brought us, we know that a new semester can also be scary and nerve-racking. If you are feeling a bit anxious about the new school year starting, have no fear! We have an awesome back-to-school playlist that includes fun, upbeat hit songs that have us singing in the shower and dancing down the hallways.

1. All About That Bass – Meghan Trainor

This song is all about loving yourself for exactly who you are! It is upbeat and catchy that sends a great message: all girls are beautiful, and beautiful girls come in all different shapes and sizes!

2. Shake it Off – Taylor Swift

This song it awesome because it is about being yourself and that is more than good enough! It is fun and really helps to shake our little problems right off!

3. Shower – Becky G

We have all done it at least once: singing in the shower because of a crush you had. “Shower” explains those sappy feelings we get. Even if you aren’t crushing on anybody, this song is fun to dance and sing along to!

4. Problem – Ariana Grande, Iggy Azalea

If you have recently experienced a break-up, then this is the perfect song for you to jam out to! Ariana tells it like it is: I got one less problem without you! “Problem” is an empowering song for women everywhere, and it WILL get stuck in your head over and over!

5. Fancy – Iggy Azalea, Charli XCX

“Fancy” was the ultimate jam for Summer 2014 and is certainly not changing for the upcoming fall semester! It is perfect to listen to while getting ready in the mornings.

6. Happy – Pharrell Williams

How could somebody not be happy while listening to this song? It is such a feel-good song about being happy and can instantly put you in a good mood!

You can buy these songs on iTunes and listen to them while walking to class or while winding down later in the day.

Fashionista. Iced Coffee Addict. Lush Enthusiast. Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger. Writer. South Florida Girl with Big City State of Mind. Sorority Woman. Sister.
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.