Isabella Sodre in a black jacket with a Treat People With Kindness tote bag
Original photo by Isabella Da Silva Sodre

Meet the Exec: Isa Sodre, Vice President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Name

Isabella (Isa)

Year and Program

Senior, double majoring in International Studies and World Languages and Cultures

Favorite book/movie/song

My favorite book is The Little Prince, my favorite movie is Howl’s Moving Castle, and I don’t have a favorite song because it changes all the time! Right now, it’s hope to be like you by WOODZ!

Favorite Color

My favorite color is yellow.

Favorite Spot On/Near Campus

My favorite spot on campus is the little pond in front of Juniper, I love going on hot girl walks in that area because it is very peaceful. Near campus, I really enjoy going to Provisions to do work or just hang out. They have a really welcoming environment so it’s always nice to go there.

Isabella Sodre in a black dress holding an iced coffee

Go-to Coffee/Tea/Drink Order

I recently have been more into cold brews than coffee! I usually order it with vanilla and white chocolate mocha/regular mocha. I also enjoy iced tea lattes, if I could recommend one it would definitely be an iced lady grey with vanilla and oat milk!

When did you join Her Campus at USF and why? What team(s) are/were you on?

I joined HCUSF to explore my writing and to meet more people with similar interests. I have always had a passion for communications and it made me so happy to see that USF has an organization like this one on campus. I first joined the writing team, but now I am also part of social media!

What has your experience been like in Her Campus at USF?

My experience in HCUSF has been amazing. I have met amazing people that inspire me every day and encourage me to be a good person. It is always nice to have random conversations in the HC chat because I always feel heard and seen by everyone. I feel like I am actually welcomed in the group which always makes me look forward to the next meetings. I have also met my closest friends through HCUSF, so I will always be grateful for the organization.

Picture of Isa Sodre in a white top and green skirt

What is your favorite thing about being on Exec?

My favorite thing about being on Exec is being able to provide other members with the same experiences as I had. I want all of them to be able to enjoy themselves to the fullest while making lifetime memories and friends in Her Campus.

What tips do you have for anyone thinking about joining Her Campus at USF?

I think the best tip is to always believe in your skills and to explore your hobbies/passions to the fullest!!

Where can people find you on social media?

@isassodre on Instagram.

Camille is pursuing a Ph.D. in Communication at the University of South Florida in Tampa, FL. She has bylines in the Nonahood News, Her Campus, Screen Queens, and Shifter Mag. In addition, she has worked with "The Cypress Dome," and "The Florida Review." She is enthusiastic about Latina/o/x issues, fitness, writing, and reading. She is on Instagram and Twitter: @camilleeejoan