This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

On this fine October morning, I woke up to a set of tweets that personally shocked me. First, Kanye totally lost it. Second, Lana Del Rey actually called him out on it.

This is shocking because Del Rey is a close friend of the West family and performed at their wedding, for free. Del Rey is not one to get involved in petty things like this, especially since she recently released two new songs and is rumored to be working on a new album. Meanwhile, West had been in the center of a lot of recent controversies.

Photo courtesy of W Magazine

This includes his posts about slavery, moving to Chicago to teach, and most recently his name change to “Ye.” More recently, West performed on SNL giving a pro-Trump rant which was met with so much negativity from the audience that it actually ended up being non-televised; however, the last straw for Del Rey seemed to be his most recent Instagram post in which West wears a “Make America Great Again” hat showing his support for President Trump. In his caption, West calls for the abolishment of the 13th Amendment and calls for increased production of goods within America.

Photo courtesy of Instagram

Del Rey took no time confronting West regarding his open support of the president calling it “a loss for the culture.” Del Rey did not stop there and continued her intervention by drawing similarities between West and Trump’s “delusion of grandeur” along with “issues with narcissism.” Del Rey states her message was sent with concern regarding the mental health of the star.

Photo courtesy of Instagram

Del Rey is not the only star showing concern towards the artist’s recent activity. Chris Evans has dragged West on Twitter yet again regarding his open support of Trump’s policies. But personally, I am much more interested in what Kim Kardashian West has to say regarding her husband’s recent behavior. In the past, Kim has defended her husband to both her family and fans; however, more recently Kim Kardashian West has been ignorant towards West’s sudden mood swings and radical actions.

Photo courtesy of ABC Action News, Philadelphia 

What a great way to start the month of October with a healthy dose of celebrity drama!

I am a 19-year-old student majoring in Psychology and World languages on the Pre-medical track. Writing has been a passion of mine ever since I moved to America eight years ago. My other hobbies include pageantry, I just crowned the new reigning Miss Teen Palm Beach America, and cooking. A fun fact about me is that I speak three languages fluently (Russian, Hebrew, and English) and I am a Wiccan. My background inspires my writing and plays a role in my approaches to certain topics.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.