Is it Almost Valentine’s Day, Again? Gift Ideas for Him and for Her.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

While some of us contemplate on “what is he or she going to get me for Valentine’s Day,” most of us are thinking about what to give him or her for Valentine’s Day. For those of you that are stuck on gift ideas, hopefully this article will guide you to the right gift…

Here are some Valentine’s Day gift ideas for Her:
·       flowers– Instead of typical roses, ask her what her favorite flowers are. There are also edible arrangements, wooden flowers, and origami bouquets. Still, some like the traditional roses.
·       chocolates– Who says it has to be chocolate? What’s her favorite candies? But, if you want to give her chocolate, Godiva, Hershey’s Chocolate, and Dove are some of the popular chocolate brands. You can also customize M&M’s to make chocolate more personal.
·       stuffed animals- Although traditional as well, girls like fluffy, stuffed friends. Build-A-Bear is a very popular place to build a personalized stuff animal. But, Wal-mart, K-mart, and Target have a nice selection of stuffed animals.
·       cards– For cards, you can otherwise buy a card or get creative. Buy a single card or many cards to tell her how you feel. Or you can make a card with two poster boards or write her a love letter.
·       Other– On the other hand, you don’t have to be traditional with flowers, chocolates, stuffed animals, and cards. If you know she’ll really like something else, go for it.

On a more difficult matter, what are some Valentine’s Day gift ideas for him? Although guys may be pretty simple, it can be difficult to figure out what would be considered a nice Valentine’s Day gift.

Some Valentine’s Day gift suggestions for Him:
·       cards– You can’t go wrong with cards. Buy a card or make a card.
·       candies & snacks- Let’s face it, what guy wouldn’t like to munch on some candy and snacks while he watches his sports games, movie marathons, or while he’s playing videogames.
·       love coupons- If you want to spoil your man on Valentine’s Day, give him a coupon book. You don’t have to go buy them at an erotic store, but you can make your own so that you can customize them.
·       other-Another option is to just see what he likes. Other websites suggests clothes, cologne, jewelry, etc. Valentine’s Day gifts for guys is not as traditional as finding gifts for girls.

There’s also the option of combining gifts or couples gifts. Here are some ideas:
·       Dinner– Dinner is a romantic way to spend time together while also having good things to eat. There’s many restaurants in the Tampa area to choose from, take-out, and even home cooked meals that you can prepare together.
·       Tickets– If you’re a couple that likes to everything together buy some tickets to a theme park, movies, concert, cruise, etc. Spend some time together.

Whatever you decided to give or receive on Valentine’s Day, keep in mind that it’s the thought that counts.