How to Spend Valentine’s Day When You are Single

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

February 14th is coming, and we all know what that means- Valentine’s Day. Well, more like Singles Awareness Day. You cannot help feeling a pang of jealousy seeing all the lovey dovey couples out on dates, and exchanging oversized teddy bears and cards with sappy messages.

This dreadful day makes you want to go back to elementary school. Even if the gifts you got were meaningless at least you got something and did not feel like a complete loner. Usually we use this day as an excuse to curl up on the couch with a box of tissues and binge watch romantic comedies whilst gorging on cheap chocolates. Instead of moping around feeling sorry for yourself, treat yourself!

Pamper Yourself

How often do you take the time to take care of yourself? Take the time on Valentine’s Day to have a self-care day.  Log off social media, grab your favorite bath bomb, and apply your favorite face mask.

Photo courtesy of mediabakery.com

Love Yourself

Before you can love anyone else, you must love yourself. Self-love is the best kind of love. Get a journal and write down five things you love about yourself. When you are done, recite these things in the mirror to remind yourself that you are worthy.

Photo courtesy of pixilart.com

Take Yourself on a Date

Take your time with your hair and makeup, buy yourself some roses, and treat yourself to a fancy dinner. Who knows, maybe you will meet someone during your night out.

Photo courtesy of rabotadoma.info

If you are single on Valentine’s Day this year, ditch the romantic comedies and the chocolate and treat yourself!

I am a senior at USF majoring in Communication with a minor in Mass Communications. I love coffee, books, and spending time with my friends and family.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.