How To Get Your Crush To Like You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

“Blue jeans, white shirt, walked into the room you know you made my eyes burn”. This quote from Lana Del Rey’s song “Blue Jeans” is all too accurate when it comes to how we feel when we see a hot guy. Have you ever seen a cutie walk into your classroom and you are absolutely taken back by his stunning eyes? You desperately avoid eye contact, but you want to look at him oh so badly. You’ve already noticed him, now here is your chance to get him to notice you, these are 5 foolproof ways to get your crush’s attention.

1.       Sit Near Him

One of the simplest ways to get your crush’s attention is to sit in his vicinity. You don’t have to sit right next to him, but as close as you feel comfortable. This way if he sees you outside of class he can think “hey that’s that gorgeous lady that sits by me in my math class”.

2.       Show off how smart you are

Acting less intelligent than you really are is one of the worst things you can do, unless you want him to see you as dumb. Chances are, you don’t want to be seen in that way, so answer a few questions in class, and help some of the people around you. Be careful though, you don’t want to come off as that student who is overly enthusiastic, and feels the need to answer questions, even if they’re rhetorical. 

3.       Use your body language

I know that it can be scary looking at your crush but it has to be done! I mean, how else are you two going to get married if you don’t ever look at each other? Look at your crush, and if he catches you looking just give him a quick smile and then look away. If this guy is as amazing as you’ve made him in your imagination, he should give you a smile back and then you can add dreamy smile to the list of reasons why this guy is the one for you!

4.       Ask him a legitimate question

Don’t ask him questions like “Why is the sky blue” or “How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood”. Ask him something relevant to whatever scenery you two are in like. If you’re in class you could ask “Did you do the homework? Problem 5 took such a long time” or if you’re at a party you could ask “Hey what’s this song called”

5.       Be Bold

Being bold doesn’t come naturally for a lot of us, especially when it comes to a cute guy, but a little extra effort can go so far. Just think about it this way, as soon as you say hi to him, the sooner you can have a conversation with him, then the sooner you can establish a friendship with him etc.

These are just a few ways to get your crush’s attention. This may not make him like you, but at least you’ll become a familiar face then you two can move on from there. Good Luck!

PHOTO SOURCE: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Your-Crush-to-Like-You

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.