Five Savory Sanctuaries for Tea and Coffee Lovers in Tampa Bay

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Many love to wake up to the smell of freshly roasted coffee or finely brewed tea, but who has the time or materials to make it? Here are five fantastic places that can save people the hassle while satisfying their caffeine cravings.

1. The Oxford Exchange: Inspired by shops and clubs in London, the Oxford Exchange is the “queen” of sophisticated cafés. With its large glass windows, classic but modern furniture and spacious-open structure, it is a place where customers can enjoy a fresh cup of Buddy Brew Coffee or tea while enjoying the elegant European view.

“This is the place to go for anyone that loves caramel coffees. Their caramel is made in-house so everything you add to it tastes amazing!” USF student Ashley Ramirez said.

2. Kaleisia Tea Lounge: Located only a few minutes from USF, Kaleisia Tea Lounge is the perfect study sanctuary for tea lovers. It is an authentic tea café that houses a traditional Japanese tea room and offers over 100 premium and rare teas from around world. Each tea is brewed individually from loose leaf teas in order to provide each customer with a traditional tea drinking experience that is not only tasty but authentic.

“You get to pick your tea by smelling all the different tea leaves, which is really fun,” Tampa resident Aki Weaver said, “it’s nice to know you’re getting good quality tea.” 

3. Kung Fu Tea: Looking for something new and interesting to tickle taste buds? Ranging from teas, coffees, fruits juices and even vegetables juices, Kung Fu Tea offers over 50 unique drinks right on East Fowler Avenue. For the adventurous folks, taro slushy, nata jelly milk tea and fig jelly ice tea are just a few exotic flavored drinks that are definitely worth trying

4. Felicitous: With mix-matched furniture and local artwork, Felicitous is a quirky study hub popular among USF students. Everything from their hand painted tables, artworks and signs, Felicitous is a café that invites creativity and imagination while offering a nice cup of joe. Customers are assured a grande fill of imagination and with a blend of creativity, the perfect combination for conquering any assignment.

“I love Felicitous because it is the cutest, quaint little coffee shop,” USF student Alexandra Hollander said, “they have great iced coffee drinks and amazing food, company is always wonderful and the atmosphere is perfect for studying.” 

5. Jet City Espresso: What goes well with a freshly brewed coffee? Excellent customer service. Tucked away in Seminole Heights, Jet City Espresso is a café that not only brews the finest of coffees, but serves customers with unrivaled love. While brewing drinks, the owner, Jessica accompanies orders with a guaranteed pleasant conversation. With one of the best Café Borgia ever had in hand, any customer is sure to leave with a warmed stomach and heart.

Hello, my name is Silvia. I am currently a junior majoring in mass communications with a concentration in public relations. I decided to choose public relations because I believe that it is the most applicable concentration when working in such a fast-paced, interactive industry such as fashion. My dream is to become a fashion magazine layout designer in Tokyo, Japan. I was born and raised in Japan and am currently in my third year living in the states. I grew up in Japan and have modeled with Japanese companies since I was in middle school. Some jobs I did include modeling, acting and even being an extra in a national movie. Through modeling, I was able to get first-hand experienced how much work and creativity goes into publishing a fashion magazine. Since then, I knew that fashion was and is going to be a part of my future career. I am prepared to do whatever it takes in order to achieve my dream job and make a mark in the fashion industry.
Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.