woman stretching?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
woman stretching?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration in Canva for Her Campus Media
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

In today’s society, there’s so much pressure to find who you want to be and what you want to pursue for the rest of your life. Whether it be something in the arts, sports, mathematics, or any subject for that matter, passions come in all different forms. 

Here’s the thing, life gets 100 times more fulfilling and adventurous when you’re pursuing something you love, and more importantly, something that doesn’t necessarily feel like work. Here are five ways to find what you’re really passionate about and what path you could take in life. 

What Makes You Happy?

I know, I know, that’s a very broad question but seriously, what gets you excited about waking up in the morning or something that fills you with joy and you want to learn more about? Your passions could easily be hidden in your day-to-day lives. Reading a specific kind of magazine every day or watching a certain network religiously. It’s there, you just have to find it. 

Give It a Try

Chances are, you’re passionate about something out there, you just haven’t found exactly what it is yet. Pick up a cookbook and try a new recipe, get some paintbrushes and go wild! Join an organization that caters towards something you feel you want to help or change. Do something totally out of your comfort zone that’s going to allow you to find what it is that excites you! You won’t know unless you try!

What Do You Wish to Bring to the World?

Sometimes finding your calling or passion isn’t necessarily what you want to solve in the world or fix, but rather something you want to provide for others. Ask yourself, what do I love creating, what in this world excites me the most? Get super deep and specific with what you want. It could be something you wish to change in the world. Activism, climate change, or anything that gets your blood pumping and is something you feel is worth fighting for. Your dreams, goals, and way of life are all valid things to fight for and be passionate about.  

Passions Aren’t Just Hobbies or Skills

Passions come in all different activities, emotions, and even small gestures. You could be passionate about helping people and want to pursue something in the medical field or psychology field. You could be passionate about animals and work in a rehabilitation center for animals or take on being a vet. I think the key to finding what you’re passionate about is lowering the expectation that it has to be a specific hobby or something you only pursue in your free time. You could also be passionate about something that has nothing to do with other people.  For example, being healthy and taking care of yourself is something you can be passionate about or even the time you spend with your favorite people. There are no rules. 

Take a Personality Quiz. 

Most of the time when trying to find your passions, you don’t know what all is actually out there. Taking personality quizzes and interest tests can give you more of an insight and pinpoint exactly what it is you like doing as well as a category or career that is specifically dedicated to your interests.

Finding your true calling is definitely going to take some work, but nothing truly worth it is going to come easy. The beauty of finding your passions is the journey getting to that point. There’s an art to finding yourself. Do whatever it takes to live the most fulfilled life, and that starts with finding something that fuels your fire. 

Hello!! My name is Jamee and I am an Integrated PR and Advertising major at the University of South Florida! I'm super passionate about art, writing, fashion, and especially making people laugh! I hope you guys like my writing! I'm super excited to be involved with HerCampus! Go Bulls!!
Hello! My name is Cassie! I am a public relations and advertising student at the University of South Florida with a minor in leadership studies. I love digital art and finding new ways to empower women via the internet!