Style

Fashion Trends To Look Out For This Upcoming Fall 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Fall is upon us, and not only should we prepare for the spooky season and pumpkin spice lattes, but it’s also time to spice up the wardrobe. All of the trends mentioned are so versatile and can add so much to a basic look. Even if 2020 hasn’t been as expected, these gorgeous trends are too good to miss out on, and it’s one of the things we can look forward to. If you’re strutting to run errands or just out shopping, these trendsetters will have people turning their heads. After much research, I gathered the trendiest pieces to add to your wardrobe to get started. Let these 2020 Fall fashion trends help you cozy up while being Insta-worthy, even in the grocery store!

Blazers

From cropped to oversized, blazers are in this Fall. I like to call this the Chic Boss Babe look. You can look like you’re stepping into the office or just doing a night on the town. Blazers can be styled in many ways. Throwing a plaid blazer on a neutral outfit can add a Fall touch, or simply throw it over a bodysuit and jeans with booties, and BOOM, you’re fresh off the runway.

Leather Jackets

Want to add an edgy feel to your outfit or feel like your outfit is missing something? Throw on a leather jacket. Leather jackets are so versatile and can be added to just about anything, including satin dresses, black skinny jeans with boots, or over your favorite loungewear sets and chunky sneakers. Start with a classic leather moto jacket and work your way up to different colors, such as maroon. Then, step out and try one with fringe since fringe is trendy this Fall too!

Animal Prints

Nothing is more fun or cute than a pop of animal print. Zebra or cow prints are popular right now, but honestly, any print is a look! Cheetah and leopard print are always fun statement pieces either in a dress or blouse. If you’re not ready for the full commitment, starting small with a zebra or cow print purse is such a statement piece. After stepping out of your comfort zone, try a zebra print blouse or skirt with knee-high boots!

Jewel Tones

Jewel tones are setting the tone for this season, and we’re here for it! Tones like ruby, jade, sapphire, and amethyst will make you feel luxe and bold. These beautiful tones are just as
powerful as wearing neon. Jewel tones are delicate and chic but still make an impact. You can incorporate these shades with a blouse, scarf, dress, skirt, and pants. Even try accessorizing with jewel-tone jewelry or handbags.

Chunky Boots

A great pair of boots are essential for every Fall season. Boots are a traditional piece needed in everyone’s closet, but the question is, what kind? The answer is chunky boots! Chunky boots hit the runway in past seasons and have been very popular this season as retailers have picked up on the hint and are stocking their shelves! This boot style is not just fashion-forward but is comfortable with a platform or thick soles.

Hi! My name is Diamond Knight and I am 19 years old. I am from Middleburg, FL. I am a transfer sophomore at the University of South Florida and this is my first year at Her Campus!
Hello! My name is Cassie! I am a public relations and advertising student at the University of South Florida with a minor in leadership studies. I love digital art and finding new ways to empower women via the internet!