Fashion Friday: One T-Shirt, Three Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Hello collegiettes™!

Walking on campus is an easy way to express your individual style. I always enjoy mixing and matching patterns and prints to create the perfect look. I made this Polyvore board with that creativity in mind. Check out three ways to wear one shirt!

I tend to buy things for my wardrobe that can be wore in a variety of ways. Structured t-shirts can be paired with many different things to make your desired look. In addition, checkered and striped patterns are on trend this fall! So, this check boxy t-shirt will do the trick to create three awesome looks.

The first look is Grunge. I paired the t-shirt with ripped jeans and white Chuck Taylor sneakers. I added a collection of eccentric necklaces that layer well together as well as a set of antique rings. I like the simplicity of this outfit. It’s a casual look for a day of classes.

The next look is Girly. A red pleated midi skirt is paired with the t-shirt for a dressier outfit. I added colorblock ballet flats and a silver statement necklace. When you wear statement necklaces it’s always a good idea to keep the rest of your accessories small and simple. In this case, pearl earrings and a love ring complete the look.

The third look is Mix ’n’ Match. This outfit steps outside of the box pairing leopard print with the checkered pattern. The pointy toed D flats are feminine, but comfortable for walking across campus. The accessories are simple, but still make a statement in gold. Plus, you can never go wrong with a little red lipstick!

Experiment with your outfit, collegiettes™! You never know what you’ll be able to create.

Jasmin Lankford is a junior at the University of South Florida majoring in mass communications with a minor in creative writing. She is the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus USF. Jasmin is also the Communications committee chair of the College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Student Leadership Society and the Media Coordinator of The Poets at USF. She loves to write about literature, fashion, art, student life and pop culture. She aspires to publish a bestselling book, write and edit for a newspaper or magazine, travel the world, and more. Read her blog here!
Lover of all things Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, Harry Potter and fashion. Junior. Mass Communication major. Disney Cast member. Aspiring writer.