FASHION FRIDAY: Material Girl by Madonna and Lola

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

One of the hottest new fashion lines, featured only at Macy’s, is Madonna’s Material Girl line. This chic new line features daytime dresses, button-up basics, extravagant print leggings, fabulous bandeaus, edgy shoes and even sexy lingerie! This line has something for everyone–from girly chic to edgy runway. The best part of this new line? Madonna’s daughter, Lola, collaborated with her to create this fresh and young fashion line. Not only did it come from one style icon, but two! Take a look at the different style options within Material Girl:

Daytime Dresses:

The dresses in Material Girl range from high-low, sheer, long and short. There is something for every body type in this line. Madonna is pretty famous for her fast wardrobe changes, so of course there isn’t a lot going on to make it too complicated to get in and out of. Dresses feature zippers in the front, no zippers at all, cutouts and stretchy material to make it easy to slip into. These dresses can easily go from day to night with a quick accessory change. Wear one of these fabulous dresses to class and then spruce it up for a night out with the girls. These dresses feature tons of different styles like lace, leather, floral, cute cutouts and girly hemlines.

Button-up Basics:

One of the hottest new trends features chambrays and sheer tops–leave it to Madonna to one-up both of those with her button-up basics. The button-ups feature crazy designs, studs, sheer show-offs and lace-up details. Pair any of the button-ups with a basic pair of jeans or a pair of the patterned leggings from this line for a chic outfit that is perfect for class. Add some glam accessories and edgy Material Girl shoes and you will look as though you just stepped off the runway!

Bottoms:

Madonna doesn’t do anything plain and simple! The bottoms featured in Material Girl are studded, dip-dyed, printed and cut-off. Print denim and galaxy leggings took over fashion lines everywhere, but Madonna and Lola gave those styles an extra kick. Need a pair of shorts for summer? Check out the Material Girl shorts with an exposed zipper or the denim cut-off, polk-a-dot print shorts. Feeling lazy for your 8 a.m. class but want to look effortlessly edgy? Snag a pair of Material Girl’s print leggings featuring tie-dye, tribal, washout and tons of other print styles.

Shoes:

Of course, Madonna and Lola didn’t stick to one style of shoe when creating this line. Do they ever stick to one style? Material Girl features boots, sandals, booties, pumps, wedges and flats. Whether you are hitting the beach, work or class, there is a shoe for it in this line. Shoes in Material Girl feature bright colors, studs, tribal patterns, and unique designs that will have every shoe-lover mesmerized.

Lingerie:

Even if you are wearing the best outfit in your closet, there is nothing like some cute, matching lingerie to make you feel confident all day long. Material Girl offers underwire bras, lacy pajama shorts, lace thongs, hipster style panties and high-waisted shorts. With styles and patterns for everyone, Material Girl also offers sizes 32A-36D for bras and small-large for underwear. From underwire, push-up, plunging and full lace bras, you are sure to find one that is comfortable and gives you that extra boost of confidence you are looking for.

Madonna and Lola’s fashion line, Material Girl, has tons of different style options and essential pieces for every woman’s wardrobe. Even if you only have one piece from this line, it will make you look and feel amazing every single time you step out of your house in it. What are you waiting for? Get shopping: http://materialgirlcollection.com

Kelsey Howard is a senior at the University of South Florida. She is majoring in mass communications with a concentration in magazine and a minor in American Sign Language. Kelsey is currently on the Editorial Team for Her Campus USF, is a blogger for Rent the Runway and a news writing intern for USF College of Arts and Sciences. She loves writing about fashion, beauty, relationships, careers, education, and much more. Kelsey aspires to move to New York City after graduation to pursue a career at a national, monthly magazine. Kelsey is currently on a mission to empower girls and women everywhere! Follow Kelsey on Twitter and Instagram at @KelseyKayHoward and read her personal blog at http://www.kelseykayhoward.com. View her resume and portfolio at www.kelseykayhoward.info.
Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.