This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Filled with spiced lattes, pumpkin carving, and of course, Halloween, Fall holds a special place in my heart. Fashion transitions with the seasons. From the bright-colored tank tops in summer to the darker-toned puffer jackets in winter, there truly never is a dull moment. I guess you could say our clothes change with the leaves. Especially during this time of year. Whilst these trends evolve over time, there still remain staple items to keep ready in your closet for when Fall rolls around. 

Basics

I would say that the starting place for fall fashion would be owning numerous basic tees and tanks, which can vary in color and style. These are essential to layering, and can even be worn under a winter coat, for those living in colder regions. Make sure you always have these on hand in your closet! Don’t have any? No problem, some places you can acquire these basics include Brandy Melville, Forever 21, or even by thrifting! 

Stockings

Stockings are an exceptional addition to any closet, and the styling possibilities are legitimately endless. You are unquestionably getting the best bang for your buck by investing in a few pairs. And by investing, I mean spending under fifteen dollars for a pack of three on Amazon. Need inspiration on how to style stockings? Here is one of my favorite ways I have seen these styled: Take an oversized button up sweater and throw on a black miniskirt over the stockings. Lastly, add some crew socks and platform loafers (or any shoe of your choosing), a handbag, and that’s all there is to it! 

Sweaters

One thing fall cannot live without: Sweaters. These staple pieces come in numerous textures, colors, and designs, and can be styled infinitely. Paired with a skirt, baggy jeans, or leggings, you can’t go wrong with this choice. In addition to sweaters, a few crewnecks never hurt anybody. Some of my favorite places to get sweaters and crewnecks are thrift stores, Depop, and other secondhand clothing apps. However, if those are not suitable options for you, I have found adorable sweaters at Urban Outfitters, Brandy Melville, and Pacsun!

A few other fall essentials

Here are some options for those wanting to go the extra mile with Autumn outfits. First, it is impossible to go wrong with a pair of platform shoes. I prefer Doc Martens, which I believe are the perfect Fall shoe. However, there are cheaper dupes for these shoes on Steve Madden and even Target! You can also go with a more classic, but equally acceptable option: Converse, which happens to be my everyday shoe. I would advise you to invest in some frilly long socks…which are absolute perfection when paired with loafers or any platform shoe. Lastly, I recommend some sweater vests, blazers, handbags, and lots of jewelry to complete your look. 

All being said, these are just my personal favorite fall fashion trends. I encourage you to express yourself through what you wear, and always, always wear whatever you want. I cannot wait to see everyone’s fall outfits this year!

Hi!! My name is Sarika and I attend USF!! I love writing about mental health awareness, fashion, relationships, and anything else I find important or interesting!! I hope u enjoy my articles:) <3