This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Watch out girls! Dylan Drew Grassie, 19, is a charming sophomore pursuing a degree in chemistry who is as knowledgeable about Karl Marx as he is hilariously funny. In high school Dylan participated in ROTC and track. He enjoys cooking from time to time. Tall, blue-eyed, and armed with a West Virginian country twang, once you get to know him, he will definitely throw you for a loop.

“I’m funny–no, hilarious” he said with a joking smile when asked to describe himself. Friendly, observant and a quick-thinking conversationalist, there’s never a lull in conversation or an opportunity Dylan won’t take to make you laugh. His smile is infectious and you’ll quickly find yourself caught up in his good-natured humor. But before you think you have this jokester all figured out, you’ll find that, should he choose to confide in you, there is a deeply thoughtful and intelligent person beyond the humorous exterior is a deeply thoughtful and intelligent person.

Family is extremely important to this old soul at heart, and he treasures the occasions when they gather from around the country to spend time together. His favorite movie, he admitted shyly, is “Fried Green Tomatoes” which he first saw by watching TV with his grandmother.  

His easygoing grin is replaced with a look of stern assurance when asked about his passions and goals for the future and an air of determination rises out of him.

Dylan is a self-proclaimed idealist and admires such revolutionaries as Karl Marx. He earnestly believes that equality, both economic and social, should be had by everyone. He is an advocate for independence of will and thought. His favorite work of literature is Thomas Payne’s ‘Age of Reason’, which he says explains why one should be individualistic and not blindly believe what one is told. As for the future, Dylan plans to move to Germany to work for a research company in search of the next sustainable fuel source for the world.

His approach towards romance however, is not nearly as absolute. Unexpectedly shy, Dylan says that he doesn’t typically approach girls he’s interested in, and, instead, that his relationships grow out of friendships and that they “just happen”. With that said, it makes sense that his advice for “getting the guy” is to not be afraid to approach the guy first and tell him how you feel.

The best love advice Dylan has ever received was from his grandfather: “Always do it right the first time, because if you don’t then you don’t value your time enough” As that translates to relationships Dylan is a firm believer of not getting into a relationship “just because” and that you should only invest yourself in a relationship if you think it could go somewhere.

“Otherwise, “ he says, “you could be using that time to find the right girl.”

It gets even cuter when Dylan describes a sweet date he would arrange for a girl. He would cook a homemade dinner and create a romantic atmosphere with pretty smelling candles, and then conclude the evening with a romantic comedy on Netflix, with his arm around her “even after my arm’s fallen asleep, because she’s too cute to move it.”

The first thing he notices about a girl is hair, which he declared with a smile. Dylan’s dream girl is multifaceted like him and could go from watching the goofy antics on Family Guy to being amazed by the enlightening presentations of the Discovery Channel. She’d have to like cherries, as everything from his Poptarts to his soda is cherry-flavored, and would have todevour rice and pot pies, his culinary specialties, along with him.  

So how can you tell if you’ve snagged this romantic joker’s heart?

“[I get] tongue tied, comment on the obvious…” Dylan says with a laugh, “I turn into Kevin Hart.” 

Should you be in a need of fun conversation, want to be surprised with his fluency in Spanish, or be knowledgeable about ‘percolating’ then don’t hesitate to contact Dylan on his Facebook page.

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.