David Dzien

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Photo: David and HC USF President Daylina Miller at the zombie prom. Daylina is a steampunk zombie and David is showing off the wicked REAL hand wound he got playing Humans Vs. Zombies.

Year: senior (4 of 5 years)
Major: Psychology and Criminology
Expected graduation date: 2013
Relationship status: Single

Favorite thing about USF? “Lots of activities and distractions. If you want to get involved with everything there is to offer, you would do well not to take 15 credit hours.”

Least fav. thing about USF? “Not  of students living on campus. It gets kinda depressing that a lot of people live off campus. It gets hard to hang out with people without having a car.”

What’s the weirdest thing about you? “Weirdest thing? Well, I’m pretty weird as a whole. I’m interested in uncommon things because I’m a stimulation-seeker. I like multi-tasking and procrastinating but none of that is “weird”. I’m socially withdrawn when I’m nervous. I get quiet and timid around people I like or don’t know too well. Again, not “weird.” I guess I’m just a unique person. Normal is overrated, anyways.”

What is your ultimate goal in life? “I’d love to have family and a stable, yet enjoyable job to support them. I have a dream of having a little girl to spoil and encourage to do great things.”

What are your hobbies/interests? “I’m really interested in space, sports, video games and philosophy. Science fiction and Japanese culture are not too far behind.”

If you have a time machine, what would you go back ad change in either your own life or in history? “I would probably introduce the microchip in the 1960s, boosting today’s technology level by 30 or so years. Also, it’d make the Apollo program a lot more cost-effective.”

Vampires, werewolves or zombies? “Sushi…vampire sushi.”

Daylina Miller is a senior at the University of South Florida studying multimedia journalism and psychology and anticipates graduating spring 2012. She is a member of the national and USF chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists, Bull Bikers' Association, and the Heavy Metal Enthusiasts Club. She currently writes news features for USF's website and is an avid blogger. Her interests include traveling, writing, tarot, paranormal research and photography. She recently enjoyed a travel/study tour to London and various cities in Ireland and plans on backpacking through Europe after graduation. Being a mermaid didn't pan out and paranormal research won't pay her bills so her ultimate goal is to report for a well-respected daily newspaper or magazine as a multimedia journalist.