Campus Movie Fest at USF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

For the fourth consecutive year, the University of South Florida will be participating in Campus MovieFest (CMF), the world’s largest student film festival and outlet for the next generation of filmmakers.

The launch started last Thursday for USF students and faculty members to pick up all the equipment they need for free – a Panasonic HD camera, Mac Laptop, microphone, and tripod – to make a five-minute movie in just a week. The top 16 films, chosen by a panel of judges assembled from USF students, faculty and staff, will premiere at the school finale Feb 24.

Of those 16, three will be chosen in the categories of “Best Comedy,” “Best Picture” and “Best Drama” to move on to the international finale in Hollywood this summer. Winners will also receive an iPod and copies of Final Cut Studio.

To check out the full story at USF.edu, click here.

Daylina Miller is a senior at the University of South Florida studying multimedia journalism and psychology and anticipates graduating spring 2012. She is a member of the national and USF chapter of The Society of Professional Journalists, Bull Bikers' Association, and the Heavy Metal Enthusiasts Club. She currently writes news features for USF's website and is an avid blogger. Her interests include traveling, writing, tarot, paranormal research and photography. She recently enjoyed a travel/study tour to London and various cities in Ireland and plans on backpacking through Europe after graduation. Being a mermaid didn't pan out and paranormal research won't pay her bills so her ultimate goal is to report for a well-respected daily newspaper or magazine as a multimedia journalist.