Brittney Ball

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Brittney Ball

Psychology & Behavioral Healthcare Major

Junior

Age: 19

Hometown: Okeechobee, Fl

Why did you chose to come to USF?  “It was a good distance from home. I loved the campus and was impressed by the psychology program.”

What are your post-graduation plans? “To get my master’s degree and become a licensed therapist.”

What has been your favorite class at USF? “Conflicts in the Middle East.”

What are your goals for the year? “To complete the rest of my psych requirements for my bachelor’s degree, pick a central focus for my second major and play on an intramural soccer team in the spring.”

What are three words that you feel describe you?  “Opinionated, athletic, and laid-back.”

What’s your favorite show and why? “‘Grey’s Anatomy.’ I got sucked in and I can’t turn back now, no know matter how terrible Shonda is to her characters.”

What is your favorite movie and a new movie you’re looking forward to seeing? “‘Amélie’ is my favorite movie and I really want to see ‘Carrie.'”

What is your favorite quote? “Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.” -Rainer Maria Rilke

What is something that would surprise people about you?  “I have 4 tattoos [One of them is the quote listed above] and I come from a town where there are more cows than people.” 

Justine is a recent graduate of the University of South Florida. She received her B.A. in mass communcations in spring 2014. She was the 2013-2014 Campus Correspondent for Her Campus USF.She was also a News & Feature Writing Intern for College of Arts and Sciences and the Public Relations Campus Rep for Rent the Runway at USF. She is currently seeking agency experience and would love to someday work for a magazine, become a novelist, poet, editor, host of a Travel Channel show and much more.  She enjoys writing about fashion, beauty, art, literature, pop culture and student life. She spends most days listening to Lana del Rey, calming her nerves with various types of cheese, being sassy and trying to figure out when she can take a nap.Check out her website and portfolio here.She'd love you forever, if you followed her on Twitter @tinafigs_.Contact Justine regarding business inquires only at justinefigueroa@hercampus.com.