This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Being a college student usually means being on a strict budget, and that usually doesn’t leave room for splurging on those must have beauty products that we often have to have. So here are a few ways to make homemade beauty products with items that can be easily found in your pantry for effective and cheap beauty aids that work just as well (or even better) than their pricier counterparts. These homemade beauty products are easy and quick to make and will have your skin looking amazing after a few uses. Another bonus to these homemade beauty products is that are natural and very green, so no icky and harsh chemicals!

Honey and Lemon Mask:
2 tbsp. of honey
1 tbsp. of lemon juice (freshly squeezed)

This mask is simple and super effective. Simply just mix together both ingredients and then carefully apply the mixture to your face, and then let it sit for 15-20 minutes before thoroughly washing it off. This mask will help to clear acne, minimize pores, smooth skin, make skin glow and even out skin tones.

Honey and Brown Sugar Scrub:
3 tbsp. of brown sugar
2 tbsp. of honey (or until the mixture gets gooey)
1 tbsp. of olive oil

Scrubs are essential for our skin, they help slough off dead cells and help to brighten and smooth our skin. Just mix the 3 ingredients and scrub away for beautiful and radiant skin. These ingredients are versatile so feel free to play around with the measurements. This scrub can be used as an allover body scrub (even your lips) and will be sure to leave your skin feeling soft and luxurious. This can even be made in advanced and stored in a container for easy use!

Oatmeal and Yogurt Mask:
1 tbsp. of oatmeal
1 tbsp. of plain yogurt
1 tsp. of warmed honey

Mix the ingredients and then carefully apply the mixture to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes before washing it off. This is a great mask for all skin types, especially for those with drier skin, as it helps to moisturize your skin as well as cleanse it.

Vegetable Oil Deep Conditioner:
½ cup of olive oil (feel free to substitute olive oil for any other kind of natural oil like coconut, sunflower, almond… etc.)

Deep conditioners for your hair can be very expensive, so before you head out to the store try using some natural oil and massage the oil deep into your scalp and onto your ends. Put a plastic wrap or hot wet towel around your head and leave it on for at least an hour (overnight if possible). You can even give your hair in the wrap a blast of heat from your hair dryer to help the oil penetrate your hair. After an hour (or more) proceed to thoroughly wash the oil out of your hair. This treatment should have your hair looking healthy and shiny.

Photo Source:
http://youqueen.com/style/a-yo…

Ashley is a Chapter Advisor and currently living in Brooklyn, New York.