This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

The Bachelor, everyone’s favorite guilty pleasure, is back. Who does not love watching a guy date thirty girls all at the same time? Every season they label it as “the most dramatic season yet,” which is debatable, but we still keep coming back for more every Monday night.

This season, the bachelor is Colton Underwood, 26, a former NFL player. He originally got his heart broken by Becca Kufrin on the most recent season of The Bachelorette.

Photo courtesy of ABC.com

While some of us were rooting for other men to be the Bachelor, Colton was obviously chosen for one reason in particular: his virginity. If there was a drinking game for how many times his virginity was mentioned, you would have alcohol poisoning.

Demi, the first girl to meet Colton, said “I haven’t dated a virgin since I was twelve years old.” In my personal opinion, that is not something you want to say when you meet someone for the first time.

Photo courtesy of the Hollywood Reporter

If this happened to the Bachelorette, there would be a riot of people talking about how demeaning it is to talk about someone’s personal decision to be a virgin. Despite hearing about Colton’s virginity every two seconds, I keep watching. I live for the drama, catfights, and crying. My personal favorite girl who I want to “win” is Cassie Randolph, a twenty-three year old Speech Pathologist from Huntington Beach, California.

Photo courtesy of ABC.com

Upon first meeting her, I could tell that she was a very down to earth sweet girl who I think would be good for Colton.

Only time will tell which girl Colton will choose, or if he chooses one at all.

If you want to join me in watching a bunch of girls fight over one man, tune into The Bachelor every Monday night at 8p.m. eastern time.

Tori Duncan is currently a sophomore at the University of South Florida, majoring in Economics. In her spare time she likes to look at Harry Styles and watch reality TV.
Interests include but are not limited to: art, history, astrology, skin care, the french, politics (yikes), frank ocean, controversy and being extremely overdramatic.