This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

Fall is not fall without Gilmore Girls and scented candles. If you have not already watched the show, watch it in order! It’s worth it. For everyone who’s rewatching for the cozy season, here are a few episodes that really highlight fall in Stars Hollow. Also, if you have not seen the show and want to watch, spoilers may follow, so this serves as your warning!

“Road Trip to Harvard” (Season 2, Episode 4) 

This episode is hopeful for the future, as Rory gets to experience her future at Harvard. The changing seasons and fallen leaves not only represent Lorelai’s shift away from Max to opening her own in, but Rory’s shift into adulthood. The Cheshire Cat is also a great source of comedic relief. 

“Hay Bale Maze” (Season 7, Episode 18)

Lorelai and Luke end their silence and make up in Taylor’s absurd town-wide hay bale maze. The gazebo is gone, and the Spring Fling is just hay. Although this is not “fall” in Stars Hollow, the cozy feeling of the best couple (not up for debate) making amends makes this episode impossible to skip. 

“Kiss and Tell” (Season 1, Episode 7)
Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham in gilmore girls
Saeed Adyani/Netflix

Rory has her first kiss. She doesn’t share this with Lorelai, but someone else does, and this leaves Lorelai to pretend this doesn’t phase her. This one feels so nostalgic of innocence. The Fall Festival at Stars Hollow is in full effect and pumpkins are everywhere. Light a candle and bake some ghost-shaped cookies to go with this one. 

“A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving” (Season 3, Episode 9)

The secondary holiday of fall: Thanksgiving. The Gilmore women take on four Thanksgivings, with comfort food (at some), and family both blood-related and not. This one really highlights the fall scenery as the two traipse around town, but may leave you hungry at the end.

“They Shoot Gilmores, Don’t They?” (Season 3, Episode 7)

Since Jess arrived in town, this is the release of tension we have all been waiting for. This episode features a 24-hour dance marathon, at which Lorelai is determined to beat Kirk. Dean lets the entire town know how he’s been feeling. This is an emotional one, but shows the unbreakable bond between the Lorelai’s. 

Hey! My name is Novalee Knepper and I'm from Orlando, Florida. I'm an environmental science major here at USF. I love reading, journaling, thrifting, and bringing home more plants. I hope to one day write for National Geographic as a journalist.