This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USF chapter.

1. Don’t let boys be mean to you: I’m serious here. Listen to me. Boys are mean. They make you feel things and make you think you need them to be happy. I’m here to tell you that you can be happy all by yourself. You don’t need a frat star scantily clad in floral chubbies and a visor to make you feel like you’re worth it. Do you think Queen B ever said to herself, “what can I do to make Jay like me?” No, she was just the boss that she was born to be, and he came crawling to her. And buys her 10,000 roses after her super bowl performance. Goals. 

2. Look rich even if you ain’t rich: I am poor. Like consistently poor. I spend all my money on Chipotle and makeup. So, it’s only natural that I don’t have the best, up to date clothes. I really never go shopping, but if I do, I hit up Target and Forever 21. I’m not saying you need to wear expensive clothes to feel good. I’m saying to carry yourself right. Wake up a little earlier before class or work, do your eyebrows, straighten your hair, change out of last night’s clothes instead of crawling to class in happy hour attire. You’ll feel better after putting in minimal effort, and you’ll be more productive because you feel better! Queen B can literally be wearing a trash bag and still look great. It’s about her confidence.

3. Even if you can’t sing, belt out the high notes: I like to think I’m a good singer. I like to attempt some Beyonce songs on occasion. They usually don’t sound great. But I still do it! Don’t care what some judgmental music major may say about your acapella version of Single Ladies. You need to let loose and have some fun. Happy girls are the prettiest girls.

4. Respect other women: This is a big one. An important one. Beyonce is known for her feminism, and she is a huge influence on a big number of men and women. I myself would say I’m a feminist, but not in the crazy stereotypical way. I don’t burn bras and shame men. I simply think both gender’s should have equal rights and opportunities. There’s a key to this becoming a success: respect other women. You don’t have to like them or add them to the squad GroupMe, you just need to respect them. Women bashing women is never going to get us anywhere, and we need to be here to support our leaders, innovators, mothers, daughters, and sisters. I can’t stress this enough. Do not be catty. Yonce don’t play that game.

Sydjea Watson is from the beautiful island of Jamaica. She graduated from the University of South Florida with a bachelor's degree in mass communications. Sydjea has a passion and great appreciation for the arts. She currently works as a freelance photographer while pursuing a photography certification at Rhode Island School of Design.